Hawthorne CAT is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status Hawthorne CAT participates in E-VerifyHawthorne CatJob ID
Regular Full-TimeOverview POSITION SUMMARY:
With minimal supervision of the Compliance & Administrative Support Manager, this position exists to provide additional compliance support through the development, design, organization and implementation of Risk Management programs and processes including a focus on OSHA compliance, safety training, safety culture development, injury reduction and fleet safety. This individual will also develop and conduct training programs in support of all aspects of administrative compliance.Responsibilities ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Qualifications EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Completes key hands-on safety and health training and program development to include Lockout/Tagout, Hot Work, Forklift Certification, Aerial Lift Certification, NFPA 70E (Electrical Safety), Driver Safety/Defensive Driving, MSHA Certification, Crane Qualification, Fall Protection and other training/certification programs as determined by Management.
- Assists in the design, drafting, review, and overall success of the Hawthorne fleet safety program to include fleet utilization, preventative maintenance tracking/reporting, overseeing driver qualification files, assisting in DOT Hazamat compliance and accident reporting.
- Oversee the Accident and Investigation Program for all Hawaii and Guam locations. Program elements include: employee and Management training, IMS (Incident Management System) platform support, accident/incident root cause analysis and facilitating "Learning Event" corrective and preventative workshops.
- Completes location specific EH&S audits and associated training of Management and key personnel with a focus on compliance and safety culture to include OSHA, MSHA, DOT, EPA, HDH, etc.
- Coordinates alternative training delivery methods such as: computer based training programs, web deliverable training programs and distance learning programs for companywide learning support.
- Works with key company personnel in developing and coordinating training schedules and plans.
- Support various business administration related audit and compliance initiatives and on-going processes as needed by the CFO, Accounting, IT, Corporate Credit and other business unit leaders. These may include but are not limited to inventory, cash box and other compliance based audits.
- Must have an Associates Degree (AA/AS) or equivalent.
- Must have three (3) years industry or related safety and health and/or compliance experience.
- Must have three (3) years industry or related instructor and/or presentation experience.
- BS/BA can substitute industry experience requirement.
- Must have proven written and oral communication skills.
- Must have a valid Hawaii "Class 3" Drivers License with a good driving record.
- Ability to work in a team environment and possess a positive attitude.
- Must have strong organizational , analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must have proven presentation skills with the ability to answer questions to Management, staff, employees or customers.
- Must be able to be forklift and Genie lift certified.
- May be required to travel.
Applicants may be required to pass a written and/or oral examination before being considered for employment in this position. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Walking and moving about on foot often through uneven terrain.
- Hands/arms operating equipment, hand and power tools.
- Lifting: Up to 50 lbs. daily, frequent exertion. Raises or lowers miscellaneous equipment parts and tools.
- Handling: Seizes, helps or works with hands.
- Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any direction
- Standing: Remains in standing position if required to perform various functions of the job
- Climbing: In and out of equipment and vehicles.
- Vision: Read work tickets, parts and service books and operate heavy equipment.
- Talking: Communications by radio, phone and in person.
- Sitting: Sits in equipment and vehicles.
- Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees or waist
- Hearing: Hears well enough to discern mechanical problems for safety in and around shop and construction sites
- Laying: lies in prone position under vehicles and equipment.
: Lifting: Up to 50lbs. daily, frequent exertion within the scope of training. ENVIRONMENTAL:
- Noise: Works in conditions with constant or intermittent noise.
- Temp/Weather: Works in both inside and outside all weather environments.
- Exposure: Foul odors, fumes and hash substances.
Reasonable accommodations for essential functions of the position will be considered.Hawthorne Cat® is an Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.Hawthorne Cat® Participates in E-Verify.