We are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.Requisition ID
Recently debuting at #57 on Fortune magazine’s list of the 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in the world, Martin Marietta, a member of the S&P 500 Index, employs more than 8,500 employees at operations spanning 26 states, Canada and the Bahamas. A leading supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials, dedicated teams at Martin Marietta supply the resources for the roads, sidewalks and foundations on which we live.
At Martin Marietta, we are always looking for the best and the brightest, for people who have the potential to be the Company's future leaders. We are building on our foundation of success by selecting the finest people and helping them realize their potential. When you decide to build your career at Martin Marietta, you'll know what it's like to be respected, challenged and rewarded.
Under the supervision of the Electrical Supervisor, the primary function of the Electrical/Instrument Technician is to maintain, calibrate, perform trouble analysis, consult, research, and develop process control instrumentation for the purpose of obtaining optimum production efficiency.Requirements - Electrician Class C
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work in a safe manner, including but not limited to, obeying safety rules, performing work place examinations and identifying and controlling hazards.
- Must be cooperative and safety conscious on all jobs and in all types of work issued to the electrical groups.
- Maintain good housekeeping in electrical shop and job sites.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Associate Degree in Industrial Electricity or a vocational school degree in Industrial Electricity or one year of Industrial Electricity work experience. Candidates without an Associate Industrial Electricity degree must complete courses identified by the company. The courses will be paid by the company upon successful completion of the course.
- Capable of reading and writing and should be capable of following simple wiring diagrams and prints pertaining to good electrical shop or field practices.
- Ability to utilize all ordinary repair tools and electrical testing instruments that are necessary for good maintenance practices or new installation practices.
- Must be capable of performing repetitive work without supervision and non-repetitive work with simple supervision or in conjunction with electrician of higher classification.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Outstanding vendor relations skills (internal and external contractors)
- Must be willing to be on call
- Working knowledge of high voltage electrical systems required
- Skilled in the use of hand tools, test instruments and electrical construction tools
- Experience with PLC’s a plus
- Prescription Drug
- Health Care Reimbursement Account
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- 401(k) with Company matching
- Sickness and Accident – Short-Term Disability
- Optional Long-Term Disability
- Employee Life Insurance
- Spouse & Dependent Life Insurance
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Direct Deposit Payroll
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- College Scholarship Program – for dependent children
- Matching Gift Program
- New Auto Purchase Discount Plans