All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.ID
2018-1351# of Openings
US-NY-New YorkPosted Date
16 hours agoCategory
Focal Point Data Risk delivers a unified approach to addressing data risk through a unique combination of service offerings. Focal Point has brought together industry-leading expertise in cyber security, identity governance and access management, data privacy and analytics, internal audit, and hands-on training services, giving companies everything they need to plan and develop effective risk and security programs. By integrating these services, we provide our clients with the flexible support they need to protect and leverage data across any part of their organization. Simply put, Focal Point is the next generation of risk management.
The Data Privacy Consultant is responsible for providing services related to a broad range of privacy disciplines, including compliance assessments, program design and policy development. He/she works on-site and off-site to evaluate client compliance with common industry standards and regulations. The Data Privacy Consultant must have working knowledge of federal and state privacy rules and regulations. He/she assists with drafting deliverables, frequently interacts with client personnel, and is expected to be active participant in client-focused project teams.Responsibilities Essential Functions | Responsibilities:
- Reviews client's potential or actual privacy incidents, coordinates or leads the incident or breach management process.
- Conducts project related privacy risk assessments and internal privacy audits.
- Reviews privacy practices and conduct periodic compliance audits.
- Provides privacy and data protection training and awareness.
- Prepares reports and other deliverables that contain strategy, project or technical analysis and findings in connection with our consulting engagements and communicates those results to the team and client management.
- Operates as a subject matter experts on privacy risks and audits.
- Interacts effectively with co-workers and clients at all levels, as to foster and maintain strong working relationships.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- 3+ years working in a consulting role as a Data Privacy consultant or related field experience.
- Experience interpreting federal and state privacy regulations.
- Working with technical, security controls and operational risk tolerance.
- Experience performing privacy and/or security gap assessments.
- Knowledge of the federal and state rules, regulations, and guidance related to security and privacy including but not limited to HIPAA, GLBA, Safe Harbor framework, Generally Accepted Privacy Principles (GAPP), and NIST
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- A Bachelor's Degree in information systems, computer science or a related field.
- Obtained or working towards Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) certification
Regional and international travel, as needed, up to 35%Benefits:
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, generous PTO and some other great perks!