US-CA-Redwood CityJob Post Information* : Posted Date
8 hours agoCategory
EngineeringMore information about this job:About Nevro Nevro is a medical device company headquartered in Redwood City, California. We have developed HF10™ therapy, an innovative, evidence-based neuromodulation platform for the treatment of chronic pain.We started with a simple mission to help more patients suffering from chronic pain. At each stage of development, our research was subject to the highest levels of scientific rigor, resulting in a new therapy that has advanced the state of spinal cord stimulation (SCS).The Nevro® Senza® SCS System received CE mark in 2010, TGA approval in 2011, FDA approval in 2015, and is commercially available in Europe, Australia, and the United States.Overview The Software Engineer shall participate in research and product development activities ranging from product concept through transfer to manufacturing. This position will apply knowledge of engineering principles and practices for software development for implantable medical devices and accessories.Role Requirements
Skills and Knowledge
- Develop and support mobile application based software for a system that includes the following: an implantable stimulator, external stimulator, patient charger, patient-facing devices and clinician-facing devices. Development activities include definition of requirements, design and implementation, and verification and validation support.
- Develops software in a regulated environment in accordance with internal operating procedures and external standards and regulations. Conducts cross-functional reviews of the software development at appropriate times in the development cycle.
- Proactively identifies areas of developmental risk and communicates these to management accordingly.
- Works closely with other product development team members to assure that their designs interface properly with other system components and to assure that the overall system meets its performance requirements.
- Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results.
- Contributes to the intellectual property base of the Company via active communication of new concepts to Management.
- Works in accordance with quality system procedures and actively enforces its objectives
- A minimum of 5+ years' experience in software design for mobile application development.
- S. in Computer Science, or similar degree.
- It is required that the candidate be proficient with the iOS development environment including XCode/Swift and application deployment.
- Nice to have would include experience with RESTful APIs and cross-platform development
- It is highly preferred that this candidate has experience in implantable medical device development or similar regulated industry (automotive, aeronautical).
- Functional familiarity with the FDA Submission process, ISO Requirements and QSR requirements is also preferred.
Nevro offers equal employment opportunity, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, marital or family status, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), physical or mental condition, disability, age or other characteristics protected by laws.