Duties & Responsibilities
Overall responsibility (and lead facilitator) for the delivery, management and improvement of IT and classroom/event space AV services to support HGSE academic, administrative and research needs for the user community, using ITIL best practices. Responsible for leading the development, implementation, sustainment, and continuous improvement in IT Service Management (ITSM) processes; as well as establishing, measuring and reporting on measures and performance indicators related to services, processes, operations, and delivery.
Leads and supervises a team of IT Service Center Support Technicians and IT Service Center Operations Coordinators providing service delivery to the HGSE community. Empowers team members through effective communications, coaching, guidance, technical training, and mentoring for current roles and career aspirations. Coordinates IT and AV technical services in support of events and similar functions. Develops and maintains project plans for service delivery. Reports to the Senior Director for Infrastructure and Operations; works closely with Service Owners to ensure the ITSC is fully capable of supporting a broad range of services and technologies.
This position reports to Senior Director, Infrastructure and Operations
Service Center Team consisting of IT Service Support Technicians, IT Service Center Coordinators, Temporary and student workers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Management Activities (80%)
- Provide oversight and approval of schedules for service center staff; ensures staffing model aligns with peak activity period and alerts service owners to high demand scenarios for additional support.
- Trains, mentors, and supervises the IT Service Center Support Technicians and IT Service Center Operations Coordinators to help build a high performing team.
- Identifies and manages all products and services utilized by the Service Center team in the performance of their job functions.
- Serve as technical or management point of escalation on support or customer issues that are escalated by Service Center team members.
- Escalate sensitive issues to IT senior leadership.
- Develops, recommends, implements, and monitors policies, procedures, and work flow.
- Ensures compliance with approved policy and procedures and escalates customer issues when necessary to service owners and IT senior leadership.
- Recruits, trains, mentors, and supervises student workers to ensure a productive and meaningful experience for HGSE and the employee.
- Provides metrics and standard reports to service owners and IT leadership.
- Implement best practice IT Support (ITIL) process improvements into daily operations.
Technical Activities (15%)
- Organizes, manages, and participates in technology and operational projects.
- Maintains proficiency with administrative technologies.
Strategic Activities (5%)
- Evaluates ITSC processes and procedures and recommends alternative solutions for improvement.
Other duties and responsabilities wil be assigned.Basic Qualifications
All candidates wishing to be considered must supply a cover letter and resume.
- Bachelor's degree, equivalent experience, or related certification required.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in technology and customer service including demonstrated experience managing technical staff in a complex service operation.
- A+ Certification (CompTIA A+ 220-801 and CompTIA A+ 220-802). Optional for candidates with a B.S. in Computer Science or related disciplines.
- Desktop support to include at least 3 of the following areas: hardware, Windows, Mac OSX, MS Office/Exchange, Business Applications, Remote Access, Security, IT User Administration Experience with Support/Service Desk Ticketing tools
- Direct experience with audio-visual systems and services to include projection, audio reinforcement, and related control systems.
All candidates must indicate meeting basic qualifications in either their cover letter or resume.Additional Qualifications
- Operations/IT service management experience with tier 1-2 support.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ITIL and ITSM
- Demonstrated experience in conflict and sensitive issue management.
- Experience in mentoring and training technicians and cooperative work-queue management required
- Advanced level of knowledge required in troubleshooting a broad range of issues with Windows and Macintosh based hardware and software (including multiple OS), network connectivity issues, imaging, and office productivity tools.
- Demonstrated experience administering and using IT Service Center tools, e.g., ServiceNow.
- Knowledge of IT management tools such as KACE, McAfee ePO, and software licensing tools
- Superior written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with a strong dedication to exceptional customer service.
- Proven proactive problem-solving skills and ability to work under stress and time pressures.
- Understanding of common infrastructure and application technologies, e.g., Active Directory, Exchange.
- Demonstrated success with improving and delivering excellent customer service through people, process and systems.
- Demonstrated experience with generating operational reports and using metrics to improve service operations.
- MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure certification
- Harvard IT Academy Core Certifications, or acquired within 12 months of employment.
- Project Management experience/certifications, e.g., PMP.
- Background in higher-education is desirable.
- Proven ability to organize/coordinate workload independently among constant deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Strong maturity, professionalism, and judgment; ability to complete most work with minimal supervision
- Occasionally required to work outside of normal business hours, and may be called during off hours.
- Must be able to individually lift and move computer equipment up to 50 pounds, and periodically up to 100 pounds with the assistance of others
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.