2018-3285# of Openings
2018-03-06Area of Interest
Certified nursing assistants provide personal and nursing care to meet the physical and emotional needs of residents in Elderwood skilled nursing facilities. They are under the direction of a licensed nurse. State specific certification is required.Responsibilities
- Direct and monitor the personal care duties carried out by Nursing Assistants of an assigned team.
- Report to Charge Nurse unusual symptoms, daily needs and progress of residents.
- Notify Charge Nurse of changes in residents' conditions or needs
- Follow the Profile of Care for each resident and monitor the performance of the Nursing Assistants in carrying out the appropriate aspects of the care plan.
- Responsible for responding immediately to residents' requests.
- Assist residents with the following Activities of Daily Living (ADL), according to their plan of care and individual needs.
- Eighteen (18) years of age required; high school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Registration in the State Nurse Aide Registry is required. Active on the State Nursing Aide Registry with no findings or convictions of resident abuse, mistreatment or misappropriation of property.
- Training and work experience in a geriatric setting preferred.
- Ability to supervise and work well with other personnel
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing
- Caring and respectful attitude towards residents
- Physical stamina for constant activity required.
- Ability to perform tasks to established standards of excellence required.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.