2018-1310# of Openings
US-WI-West BendPosted Date
12 hours agoCategory
Manage and maintain an efficient and organized operation in the shipping and receiving department. To ensure per print quality parts are received and disbursed to manufacturing and on time shipments of quality end product is being supplied to the customer. Responsibilities
- In charge of all West Bend facility shipping and receiving functions.
- Manage shipping and receiving staff with supportive direction and leadership.
- Ensure accuracy in all department related processes.
- Monitor and ensure that quality assurance is being followed and performed to coincide with department work instructions.
- Manage West Bend facility daily cycle counting.
- Review shipping report, print pick lists and delegate to shipping staff to meet daily customer shipments.
- Review, rectify and correctly adjust West Bend facility O.E.M./Scag division purchased parts, finished goods and Scag service part inventory discrepancies.
- Establish and maintain cross training of department staff.
- Assist in expediting parts needed for customer shipments and parts needed in the Mayville, Beaver Dam facilities and third party warehouses.
- Continual thought process for department opportunity and improvement.
- Review and approve daily employee work hours through ATM paperless system.
- Hold department staff meetings and submit a copy of meeting minutes to Corporate Director of Inventory Control/Logistics.
- Review performance of department staff and share with Corporate Director of Inventory Control/Logistics.
- Comply and uphold company processes and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook.
- other dusties as assigned.
- Strong leadership skills with the known ability to lead and direct in an ever changing, fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of shipping and receiving procedures, requirements and related quality assurance processes.
- Strong inventory control background.
- Excellent personnel skills to manage staff and maintain a "team work" atmosphere.
- Strong self-discipline to enable achievement in quick and accurate problem solving.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong understanding of customer shipping requirements.
- Strong understanding of inventory control.
- Strategic thought process.
- Knowledge of company manufacturing processes.
- Good multi-tasking skills.
- Ability and confidence to conduct department staff meetings.
- Ability to manage independently.
Metalcraft of Mayville is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identityJob Expectations Job Relationships
- Reports directly to Corporate Director of Inventory Control/Logistics
- West Bend shipping and receiving department personnel report to West Bend Shipping/Receiving/Inventory Manager.
- Interaction with Metalcraft personnel on all levels, freight carrier companies/drivers and West Bend Commercial warehouse manager and personnel.
- Approval of daily employee work hours.
- Assign needed department overtime to personnel.
- Review, document and process employee non-compliance and instill the necessary disciplinary actions.