Hawthorne CAT is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status Hawthorne CAT participates in E-VerifyHawthorne CatJob ID
Regular Full-TimeOverview POSITION SUMMARY:
Provides administrative support to the Credit & Finance Departments to include the ability to develop relationships with customers, apply credit policies and to pursue payment collection. Position will also provide administrative and clerical support to assist in the efficient operation of the department, perform any back-up duties as needed with the accounting team and support that team with project-based assignments as required.Responsibilities ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Qualifications EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Assists with ensuring that the corporate credit policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Perform collections activities for accounts within a specified portfolio.
- Update and maintain credit files for existing customers and process new credit applications.
- Research and resolve short pays and deductions.
- Monitor credit and collection status of all customers.
- Determine release of orders based on customer credit status.
- Communicate effectively with sales people regarding customer status and relationship.
- Resolve customer disputes and collection issues.
- Point person for inbound calls from external and internal customers; answering, directing and making phone calls.
- Handle inquiries and incoming work requests.
- Review files and records to answer requests for information.
- Check and distribute documents and correspondence.
- Control basic accounting functions such as checking invoices/proformas.
- Other clerical or administrative duties as assigned.
- Preparation of Job Releases in accordance with the rules and guidelines mandated by the State of California and Hawaii to protect Hawthorne's best interests. Credit Manager review required.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- One year related commercial credit experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technical competency in Microsoft Office. Outlook and general computer skills.
- Strong customer focus and relationship building skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
- Desire for quality and continuous improvement within a high paced work environment.
- Knowledge of mechanics lien law strongly preferred.
- Must have valid California Class C driver's license.
- Walking and moving about on foot often up and down stairs.
- Handling: Seizes, helps or works with hands.
- Lifting: Raises or lowers miscellaneous paperwork.
- Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any direction.
- Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees or waist.
- Standing: Remains in standing position If required to perform various functions of the job.
- Vision: Read paperwork, employment files and records on the computer.
- Talking: Communications by phone and in person.
- Sitting: Sits at desk. Sits for long periods of time.
Noise: Works in conditions with constant or intermittent noise.
Temp/Weather: Works in an office environment. ACCOMMODATIONS:
Reasonable accommodations for essential functions of the position will be considered. Hawthorne Cat® is an Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.Hawthorne Cat® Participates in E-Verify.