ZendeskSan Francisco, California, US
The COO org at Zendesk is focused on working closely with Zendesk's leadership team to ensure the company's strategic goals, objectives, and priorities are correctly translated and operationalized across the company.
We are looking for a data-savvy senior analyst to join our team and help run a metrics-focused, regular operational cadence at the company. This role reports to the Senior Director, Operations.
The primary focus of this role is partnering with the Senior Director, Operations to run (and improve over time) our Weekly Operational Review process, a relatively new effort focused on getting a group of operational leaders from across the company together to better measure, react to, and communicate the health of our business on a regular basis.
The ideal is comfortable with a variety of business-related data types and is great at distilling what's important amongst a variety of potential metrics. Intellectual curiosity, comfort with diving into new areas, and a willingness to learn are essential to success since this role works across a variety of functions and will dive deeper into certain areas of the business as needed.Responsibilities:
- Help run and evolve our Weekly Operational Review process:
- Partner with others in the COO org and cross-functionally to ensure our Weekly Operational Review process represents the health of our business as appropriate for the right cadence (weekly, monthly, quarterly).
- Manage a busy calendar of guest participants and updates in the process. Partner with these guest participants to refine their content and ensure it's appropriate for the audience.
- Work closely with the Senior Director, Operations to identify the right metrics and other updates to share with the company's senior executive team on a weekly basis.
- Evolve the Weekly Operational Review over time based on feedback from stakeholders and business needs. Examples include introducing different cadences, introducing special topics, improving follow up activities, and aligning our reporting to different customer and employee journeys.
- Lead the logistics of the company-wide, monthly goal progress reporting.
- Dive deeper into the data:
- Work closely with business leaders and metric owners/data analysts across the company to ensure we are reporting the right metrics to the right people and at the right cadence.
- Understand a variety of metrics across the business and collaborate with business leaders and metrics owners/data analysts on how those metrics can/should evolve over time.
- Continually optimize how we represent the data visually and ensure understanding across a variety of audiences
- Partner with our Enterprise Data and Analytics team to automate the reporting of many of the metrics reviewed as part of the process.
- Partner with our Enterprise Data and Analytics team and other functions to represent the COO org in projects related to metrics definition and standardization
- 3+ years of experience in strategy consulting, data analytics, business intelligence, or related field
- Extensive experience working with data across a variety of business areas
- A strong focus on getting high quality work done quickly and ensuring nothing falls through the cracksExperience with BI tools (e.g. BIME, Tableau, GoodData) and advanced Excel functions
- Intermediate SQL query writing and experience implementing and working with analytics data warehouses (e.g. BigQuery, MySQL)
- Experience analyzing CRM data (e.g. Salesforce)
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to clearly communicate complex information to functional leaders and executives
- A high degree of motivation to go above and beyond the task at hand
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at www.zendesk.com
Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation
to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.
Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.