Program Assistant, Wildlife
The Humane Society of The United States (HSUS), the nation’s most effective animal protection organization, is seeking a Program Assistant for its affiliate Humane Society International (HSI). The main responsibility of this position will be to provide support and act as a key resource for the planning, execution and tracking of activities and initiatives associated with one or more projects, programs or campaigns in order to further the department’s goals and priorities.
This position will be responsible for:
- Assisting the department with legislative, scientific, policy and other research and analysis as necessary, to formulate and support arguments for maintaining and increasing international wildlife protection and provide research on other high priority international wildlife issues as necessary;
- Supporting the development of selected materials and communications including potential grants and applications, campaigns, social media posts and action alerts, reports and presentations, database searches, fact sheets and letters, and assisting with outreach efforts to the public, policymakers, organizations, and agencies;
- Coordinating input for departmental reports, consultant efforts, joint projects with other organizations, memberships with professional organizations and intergovernmental agencies, and projects in conjunction with other departments;
- Assisting in monitoring campaign progress;
- Managing administrative tasks such as conference and meeting planning, travel, responding to supporter inquiries, and accounting tasks as required.
Please submit a cover letter and resume using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is based in Gaithersburg, MD.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability, marital or parental status, or protected veteran status.