St Paul, MN, USA
Harris Companies designs, builds, controls, and maintains plumbing, piping, process and HVAC systems for commercial, institutional and industrial customers offering complete Design/Build and Design/Assist services for projects that vary in size, scope, and complexity. From stadiums and concert halls, to historic landmark buildings, to hospitals and industrial facilities, Harris Companies works closely with entire construction project teams and draws on the expertise of a skilled, diverse and dedicated workforce.
We focus on implementing differentiators that are important to our customers, and leveraging expertise and resources across the entire organization. With this approach, Harris has been able to deliver quality projects that meet and exceed expectations while building strong relationships along the way. As a result, Harris has experienced considerable growth and has been increasingly recognized as a leader in the marketplace for creative solutions, sustainable construction, and modeling and fabrication efficiency while maintaining a commitment to a "Safety First" culture. Founded in St. Paul, Minn. in 1948, Harris has grown to become one of the largest mechanical contractors in the United States with over 1,000 employees in nine locations throughout the country. A vibrant service, controls and construction business is a part of each branch location.RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform various accounting clerical tasks related to the maintenance/processing of accounting records: such as filing, typing, verifying mathematical accuracy, accounts payable codes, and support of others within the department.Accounts Payable:
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Process vendor invoices for payment. Verify PO #, vendor name, dollar amount, and determine correct tax amount and applicable discounts.
- Review vendor statements and follow up on missing invoices.
- Process weekly accounts payable check run: select invoices for payment, print checks and lien waivers, stuff checks and lien waivers into envelopes.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
- Make any corrections or changes as needed by Project Managers.
- Communicate with vendors and subcontractors regarding invoice issues
- Send tax-exempt certificates to vendors as needed.
- Create manual checks as needed
- Communicate with Purchasing and Project Managers on invoices needing clarification or PO maintenance
- 2+ years of prior experience as an accounts payable clerk or knowledge acquired through education
- Basic understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting procedures/techniques
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Experience with Microsoft Office
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. For additional information, please refer to the links below: