Reporting directly to the Vice President of Human Resources, the Executive Ass’t/Project Manager will provide comprehensive executive support to the VP of Human Resources, and will serve as the primary point of contact for several departmental projects and initiatives sponsored by the Human Resources department.
The selected candidate will develop systems and processes to ensure the effective management of departmental projects and a complex schedule which will require prioritizing and reprioritizing commitments as necessary. Act as the primary point of contact for the VP of Human Resources with internal and external community members, including members of leadership, faculty, staff. Review requests for time and recommend alternatives; maintain key contacts. Welcome visitors and guests to Human Resources in a welcoming and professional manner.
The ideal candidate will be a skilled, motivated, self-starter who understands the importance of handling sensitive confidential information and derives success from a collaborative approach and work style.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides executive level administrative support to the VP of Human Resources;
- Creates and maintains effective organization systems and processes
- Responsible for planning, arranging and overseeing a full executive calendar, which includes scheduling of meetings, events, some travel arrangements, etc.
- Prepares presentations,agenda planning, and action item dissemination.
- Serves as project manager for multiple HR related projects and serves as primary point of contact for several HR sponsored community wide events and initiatives.
- Develops effective routines for project planning, implementation, tracking and reporting.
- Provides administrative support for the Leadership Development Program
- Schedules and coordinates logistics in support of meetings; prepares meeting minutes as needed.
- Serves as content manager for Human Resources web portal page, prepares updates and announcements for the site and for regular community wide newsletters.
- Maintains accurate and timely reconciliation and record-keeping for all purchasing-card purchases and invoices
- Complies with fiscal responsibilities and obligations of by ensuring budget expectations are adhered to when ordering supplies, coordinating events, etc.
- Assists senior leadership team in Human Resources as needed; provides back-up support to SVP of Finance and Administration/Chief Financial.
- Provides administrative support to other functional areas within Human Resources as needed including Employee Relations, Staffing Benefits and Compensation.
- Provides support to HR front desk reception area with some or all of the following services: efficient operation of office, ordering office supplies, equipment, answering telephone, mailing packages, distributing mail, filing and other administrative responsibilities.
- Serves on various departmental and college wide committees
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and superb collaboration skills
- Demonstrated capacity to develop and foster effective working relationships with individuals and reflecting a broad range of identities, perspectives and experiences
- Ability to handle confidential, sensitive information with a high level of discretion and diplomacy.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to take initiative and work independently
- Superb administrative skills required, good working knowledge of computers; preferably a Mac.
- Good working knowledge of all common office application software including word processing, project management and presentation; Prezi, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all members of a very diverse community
- Ability to serve as a role model to others by upholding College mission, vison and values and by exhibiting a strong work ethic, professional conduct and a calm presence at all times.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience providing executive support to a senior level executive in a professional office environment
- Experience in Human Resources and familiarity with state and federal employment related laws a plus
- Project Management experience preferred
Berklee College of Music is committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths in this area.