• Ability to effectively design, implement, assess, and teach Distance Learning (Online) courses during Winter Term (December 2017-January 2018) and Spring Term (January 2018-May 2018).
• Demonstrate a sense of connection and responsibility for helping the College to achieve success through a commitment to its mission, vision, and values.
• Actively participate in the academic life of the College.
• Communicate effectively, share vision, focus on people, initiate positive change, value differences and foster collaboration. Work with and inspire others to achieve college, department, and individual success. Proactively identify/address problems.
• Establish an inclusive environment in the classroom.
• Participation in continual assessment and course updates to ensure excellence in meeting program and student learning outcomes.
• Strive for excellence in teaching, applying best practices in field of discipline, and modeling behaviors that encourage student success and retention.
• Commitment to professional learning and growth, student mentoring, and service to the profession.Community College of Philadelphia is recruiting for part-time faculty positions in Sociology. Finalists' credentials will be kept on file until the end of the 2017-2018 academic year.
•Qualified applicants must have a Master's Degree in Sociology or Master's Degree with at least 18 credits of graduate level Sociology courses.
• Qualified applicants must have demonstrated, college level experience in all aspects of Distance Learning, including designing, implementing, assessing, and teaching Distance Learning courses
• Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
• Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of background checks in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law.
Community College of Philadelphia is an affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally under-represented groups. AA/EOE.