Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Plumber, Technical Craft Specialsit B
position. The Technical Craft Specialist B - Plumber involves full performance plumbing work in the maintenance, trouble shooting, modification, repair and installation of plumbing & heating equipment, accessories and associated equipment. The Plumber identifies problems with plumbing, utility & heating systems equipment, accessories and associated equipment, and repairs or replaces malfunctioning parts and equipment in accordance with established plumbing code and general work instructions. Responsibilities include the ability to interpret instructions, specifications, measurement and layout, performing preventive maintenance on the systems, accessories and associated equipment. This position requires working indoors and outdoors during all seasons and conditions, along with moderate physical effort including standing, kneeling and working from ladders and scaffolding.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- 100% College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
• High School diploma, or GED equivalent, is required.
• Four (4) years of experience as an apprentice or helper, maintaining and repairing plumbing systems and accessories required.
• Must possess a Journeyman Plumber's license issued by the City of Philadelphia Department of Licenses and Inspections.
• Valid driver's license required.
• Knowledge of the materials, tools and equipment used in the maintenance, repair, assembly and installation of plumbing systems and accessories required.
• Ability to interpret instructions, specifications, measurements and layouts required.
• Knowledge of the principles, technical practices and techniques involved in the maintenance, repair and installation of plumbing systems and accessories required.
• Knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions involved in the trade required.
• Knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of distribution and control as they apply to water, sewer, gas or steam required.
• Knowledgeable of the principles and theory of plumbing systems.
• Must be able to work various shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime as required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.Preferred Qualifications