Discovery Communications (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) satisfies curiosity and engages superfans with a portfolio of premium nonfiction, lifestyle, sports and kids programming brands. Reaching more than 3 billion cumulative viewers across pay-TV and free-to-air platforms in more than 220 countries and territories, Discovery's portfolio includes the global brands Discovery Channel, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Animal Planet, Science and Turbo/Velocity, as well as OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network in the U.S., Discovery Kids in Latin America, and Eurosport, the leading provider of locally relevant, premium sports and Home of the Olympic Games across Europe. Discovery reaches audiences across screens through digital-first programming from digital content holding company Group Nine Media, Discovery VR, over-the-top offerings Eurosport Player and Dplay, as well as TV Everywhere products comprising the GO portfolio of TVE apps and Discovery K!ds Play. For more information, please visit www.discoverycommunications.com.
We are seeking candidates for the position ofDigital Marketing Manager to be located in our Silver Spring, Maryland headquarters.Position Summary:Our Team
Discovery is the number-one nonfiction media company, with a reach that encompasses television as well as digital media, retail products and online educational services. Our goal of helping people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity depends on maintaining a creative and entrepreneurial environment where individual expression, achievement and recognition go hand-in-hand with our business objectives and performance.
Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12 classrooms, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development, assessment tools, and the largest professional learning community of its kind. Discovery Education partners with districts, states and like-minded organizations to captivate students, empower teachers, and transform classrooms with customized solutions that accelerate academic achievement. Discovery Education's services are available not only in half of all U.S. schools, but in half of all English primary schools, and numerous institutes of higher learning around the world.The Role
Discovery Education is looking for a highly skilled digital marketing manager to develop and oversee an integrated digital strategy across multiple platforms including paid media, email, social media, and web. The ideal candidate will possess, front-end development experience, and proven expertise in marketing automation and measuring ROI.
As the digital marketing expert, you will work together with your Marketing Operations Director to design and measure integrated campaigns for Discovery Education's Product Strategists and Field Marketing Managers.
You will also work closely with your colleagues in Graphic/Web Design and Video Production to execute your campaigns on time and within budget.Responsibilities:
1. Work with Product Strategists and Marketing Operations to develop cross channel digital campaigns across a customer's journey, from brand awareness to acquisition, to retention and engagement
a. Channels include, but are not limited to, web, email, paid media, social media
2. Develop audience segments, lists and reporting mechanisms to drive engagement and demonstrate success factors and ROI
3. Implement cross channel digital marketing campaigns and provide insightful reporting, analysis and core metric dashboarding; work with team to ensure understanding of campaign and business issues
4. Assist in developing nurture campaigns
5. Work with team members to ensure that marketing activities related to our website, marketing automation software, Salesforce.com and others are effectively integrated for successful nurturing, tracking, lead capture, and measurement of effectiveness
6. Adopt a "test and learn" approach to campaign design in order to maximize results and establish best practices.
7. Work with internal teams to ensure our landing pages are leveraging best practices in UX design and SEO
8. Collaborate with internal teams to create webinars, email templates, digital ads, and landing pages that generate leads, drive engagement, and optimize the user experience.
9. Work with teams to improve the usability, design, content and conversion of Discovery Education online presence
10. Use digital analytics/web tools to track user experiences and make changes to optimize user funnels.
11. Represent marketing in social media efforts by developing messaging strategies and content plans in conjunction with Discovery Education's corporate social media strategy; measure successes with online tools
12. Manage campaign budgets, optimizing spend and performance based on results
13. Continuously evaluate emerging digital technologies and brainstorm new and creative growth strategies.
14. Ensure Discovery Education positioning, image, and messaging is consistent and strong across the education and digital space.
15. Collaborate with internal team members as well as agencies and other vendor partners (as required).
* BS/MS degree in marketing or a related field
* 5+ years of experience in digital marketing
* Education industry experience a plus
* Deeply analytical and a data-driven thinker
* Ability to find solutions where there isn't a clear one in sight
* Demonstrable experience and results in leading and managing email, social media and paid media campaigns
* Demonstrable experience and results in utilizing a marketing automation platform
* Highly creative with experience in finding target audiences and devising digital campaigns that inform, engage, and stimulate usage
* Experience with the following systems:
o Content Management Systems (Wordpress preferred)
o Salesforce.com (required)
o Marketing Automation Platform (required: Marketing Cloud or Marketo preferred)
o Email Marketing Software (required, Marketing Cloud preferred)
o Web analytics tools (Google Analytics preferred)
o Google Adwords (preferred; setting up and optimizing experience preferred)
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with a variety of audiences, including senior management, stakeholders and external agencies
* Basic understanding of web design and development project management
* Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels
* Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
* Working knowledge of HTML and basic understanding of CSS
* Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
* Strong interpersonal skills that foster teamwork, build confidence and support for one's ideas
* Excellent project management skills with an ability to set and achieve goals, meet deadlines and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information. EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Policy Statement
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to HR@discovery.com.