US-MA-Framingham# of Openings
IDC is the most respected global technology market research firm operating in over 110 countries worldwide. Our collaborative, innovative and entrepreneurial culture is the perfect place for you to discover your future.
IDC's Worldwide Custom Solutions division is responsible for developing, managing and delivering market research and consulting engagements, primarily focused on IT vendors. We are currently seeking a Consulting Manager
to join the team responsible for engagements with Cloud, Compute, Datacenter, Storage and Security vendors.
The Consulting Manager will partner with IDC industry analysts, sales, and other IDC groups to develop and manage market research and consulting projects with companies such as Google, Dell EMC, Cisco, HPE, Amazon, Microsoft, Rackspace, and many others. The Consulting Manager will have the opportunity to learn and engage across a wide variety of custom solutions practices, including custom analytics, buyer behavior, thought leadership and integrated marketing support.
- The successful Consulting Manager will facilitate on-time, high quality deliverables and customer experiences with the aim to grow the business over time.
- The role will entail active management of day to day communications and engagement milestones with both external clients and internal stakeholders.
- The Consulting Manager will partner with IDC's centers of excellence (Buyer Behavior, Custom Analytics, etc), IDC analysts, sales, and other groups such as outside contractors as appropriate to yield the highest value for our customers.
- This role will offer growth opportunities in the form of more varied exposure to IDC's custom solutions, deeper experience in specific market research methodologies, more autonomy in terms of business development (proposals and/or solution design), and client leadership.
- Operate with a client-centric orientation – to maximize IDC value in terms of quality, timeliness, and experience.
- Help scope and manage projects that satisfy client requirements and address project specifications and timelines as proposed.
- Responsible for managing quality assurance in every stage of the engagement [proposals through to delivery], e.g. optimizing the look and feel of the final deliverables, proof-reading for accuracy, ensuring quality assurance on a dataset, etc.
- Data analysis (currently capable and/or interested in developing this skillset over time)
- Competence analyzing quantitative datasets and/or survey data
- Effective data interpretation / ability to develop a data-driven story
- Client management
- Setting [resetting] of client expectations
- Create and monitor workplans
- Effective meeting management
- Driving ongoing team communications [both internal & external]
- Managing budgets and accounting related to engagements [revenue and expense recognition]
- Ability to juggle many competing priorities
- The individual should have 6+ years of professional experience with a focus on client service and project management.
- Familiarity with qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and market modeling is preferred. At a minimum, the individual will need to show a capacity to learn these skillsets.
- Experienced in MS Office
- PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Clear communicator
- Written and Verbal
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree optional.
- PMP certification a plus.
- Travel generally less than 5%.
- Position is based at IDC's corporate headquarters in Framingham, MA.
- This position will report to the VP of Consulting in Cloud, Compute, Datacenter, or in Storage and Security
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1,100 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For 50 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company.IDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, handicap, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law.