US-MA-Framingham# of Openings
Do you have an analytical mind and enjoy turning data into actionable information? Are you passionate about technology and what it can do to change the way companies run their business? Are you interested in creating the types of powerful market models and research content that can influence the types of product brought to market by global technology suppliers? Then join IDC and be an active part of the information technology industry as it undergoes a once in a generation transformation.
As IDC's newest Senior Research Analyst for CSP, you will be given the opportunity to collaborate with analysts around the world, create new data-driven market research (and market models), write highly influential reports covering cloud technologies & markets. IDC will give you the opportunity to work with primary research and complex market models to help customers better understand of key factors driving adoption trends, new technology evaluation and competitive dynamics within the multi-billion-dollar cloud industry.Who we are:
IDC is an innovative, entrepreneurial and fast-moving technology research and advisory services firm. We are a global organization with offices all over the world where over 1,100 analysts provide global, regional and country level expertise on technology and industry opportunities.Responsibilities
- Survey design, methodology decisions, field management and data quality
- Create forward looking research documents on a variety of technology topics
- Contribute to cross-industry projects, research and consulting products
- Interact with executives from leading technology companies to understand strategy and technology roadmaps
- Support ongoing market and company models on performance of technology segments
- Create and present presentations to communicate research findings to technology clients
- Design survey questionnaires and market models to uncover market trends
- Perform data analysis in Excel, statistical and survey software and create compelling data visualizations
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field (i.e. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics or Business). Advanced Degree a plus
- A minimum of 3 years of full-time work experience in a data or technology driven role
- Strong primary research knowledge and quantitative skills, including survey design, methodology, list availability/acquisition strategies and field management
- Knowledge of data analysis techniques such as regression, cluster analysis, net promoter score, customer satisfaction techniques
- Experience in building market or company models, forecasts or other financial analysis.
- Experience with data collection, processing and analysis techniques. Expert knowledge of Excel. Preferred experience in SPSS, SAS or R. Familiar with qualitative research approaches including in depth interviews
- Superb communication skills in verbal and written form
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1,100 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For 50 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company.IDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, handicap, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law.