US-MA-Framingham# of Openings
IDC is the most respected global technology market research firm operating in over 110 countries worldwide. Our collaborative, innovative and entrepreneurial culture is the perfect place for you to discover your future.
The Network Infrastructure Group is looking for a dynamic individual who is knowledgeable about IT operations in the Telecom and Communications SP segment, to assume a Research Vice President position covering market research and consulting as it relates on the ongoing technology and digital transformation amongst service providers. Domain knowledge of OSS/BSS and related open source initiatives is a key requirement this position. Responsibilities
- Technology and Market Analysis: Serves as IDC's subject matter expert as it pertains to the use of IT and software technologies to enhance customer experience, business value, and revenue management in the service provider domain. Knowledge of OSS/BSS and related market and technology trends is a pre-requisite for this position. A good understanding of SDN/NFV in the telecom domain is also a key requirement for this position, while knowledge of Cloud technologies will be a bonus.
- Thought-leadership: Digital transformation and a rapidly changing competitive landscape is motivating service providers to evolve faster than ever before, while embracing many of the learnings from cloud and network virtualization, including the ability to leverage open source across the infrastructure stack. Providing leadership thinking around these industry shifts, what these mean to operators and vendors, and substantiating with quantitative and qualitative analysis is a key requirement of this position.
- Research and Consulting: Develops and/or customizes telecom SP research and consulting projects to meet the specific needs of existing clients, including domain-specific market insights, surveys, white papers, webcasts, on-site strategy sessions, forecasts, videos or presentations. The successful candidate will be able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and work independently to support a range of publishing, consulting, forecasting, market modeling, and thought leadership activities.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA a plus
- Excellent documentation skills along with verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to clearly communicate and report data analysis
- Demonstrated ability in working under pressure and competing deadlines
- Ability and interest in collaborating in a global environment
- Ability to travel (20%)
- Domain Experience Requirements include:
- IT Operations solutions at Communications SPs that enhance customer experience, revenue management and business value
- OSS/BSS, MANO, OSM, ONAP and related software tools and platforms
- Adoption of network virtualization and software technologies such as SDN/NFV; including adoption of open-source platforms and protocols
- Digital Transformation strategies across Service Providers
- Knowledge of broader network management, monitoring, visibility and analytics trends is preferred
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1,100 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For 50 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company.IDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, handicap, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law.