Owens Realty ServicesHuntersville, NC, United States of AmericaOverview
Our employees experience a dynamic and rewarding place to work. We have a reputation for outstanding customer service, professionalism, teamwork, and exceeding client expectations. We consider the employees of Owens Realty Services and Owens Facility Services to be one of our most valuable resources. Our employees treat others in a friendly and courteous manner and have respect for other employees, tenants,visitors and our clients property. Job Skills / Requirements
Hours: Full-Time; On-Call for emergency duty 24 hours a day
Reports to: Facility Manager
The HVAC Technician - Lead will provide HVAC services with specific responsibility for identifying repair and/or replacement needs; installing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading HVAC systems and equipment; assisting other skilled trades; and ensuring that tools and materials are available at job site. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Owens Realty Services may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
• Installs, maintains, and repairs heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems.
• Monitors HVAC systems and operations, and ensures that routine preventive maintenance is performed according to established schedules and standards.
• Responds to hot and cold calls, then troubleshoot and resolve issues.
• Checks, repairs and/or replaces valves, motors, controls, switches, gauges, wiring, fans, pumps, compressors, condensers, cores, pipes and other functional components of the system.
• Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
• Document all work in the work order system.
• Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
• Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
• Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
• Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
• Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
• Serves as a lead HVAC Maintenance Mechanic by installing, maintaining, and repairing heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems.
• Inspects completed work for conformance with requirements of local building and safety codes.
• Estimates time and material costs on HVAC projects.
• Requisitions HVAC supplies and equipment.
• Develops, under management supervision, capital project scope and budget for equipment replacements and energy conservation opportunities.
• Verify and implement preventive maintenance standards on all HVAC distribution equipment.
• Operate and maintain the building automation system.
• May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
• 5 or more years of related work experience.
Certifications: Holds appropriate license/certification for the specific work to be done in the city and state in which the work will be done. (H3-1 license)
? High school education or equivalent
? Full-time heating, cooling and mechanical experience
? Working knowledge of HVAC systems and various mechanical systems
? EPA 608 preferred
? OSHA 10 Preferred
? Ability to communicate with co-workers, property owner
? Excellent safety habits
? Compatible with wide range of people
? Successfully pass a Criminal, Drug Screen & DMV check
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; push/pull equipment; use arm, leg and back muscles for extended periods; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects and tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb, stoop, kneel or crouch; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, hazardous materials and waste. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma or EquivalentAdditional Information / Benefits
Established in 1990, Owens Realty Services is a full-service commercial brokerage, investment, management, maintenance, housekeeping and environmental services company. Our comprehensive roster of services efficiently and economically manages the operation of sophisticated real estate investment portfolios, residential apartment and condominium complexes, government buildings, educational facilities, corporate campuses, high-profile venues and family entertainment parks in both the public and private sector. Owens Realty Services affiliates with significant industry associations to stay on the forefront of the development of new management models, marketing strategies, maintenance techniques and industry product lines. We integrate industry best practices to achieve the highest quality of service delivery for our clients.
With an emphasis on customized management plans, our services result in maintaining the maximum life cycles for critical capital investments, a healthy and clean environment for all building tenants and visitors, as well as substantial cost savings. Owens Realty Services saves our clients, on average, approximately $1.00 per square foot in operational cost savings.
Owens Realty Services portfolio includes over 25 million square feet of first class, high profile facilities in Connecticut , Florida, North Carolina and New York with a value of more than $8 billion in real estate net worth and $30 million in gross annual revenue. With over 1,000 industry professionals company-wide, our organization continues to experience extraordinary growth attributed to our overwhelming commitment and dedication to the absolute best and most innovative services in the industry.
We look for employees who will:
- Strive for professional excellence in the performance of their jobs
- Understand and support the company's direction
- Provide superior service to our customers and employees
- Be flexible, innovative, and responsible to change
- Manage human and financial resources wisely
- Be a team player, helping others to succeed
- Encourage open communication throughout the company
- Treat all individuals with dignity and respect
- Have pride in and sell Owens Realty Services to others
- Be energetic and excited about their field of work and of others around them
- Be able to go above and beyond what is expected of them
- Be involved and enveloped in the entire business of our company
Owens Realty Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, or national origin.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
Screening Requirements: Motor Vehicle, Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check
This job reports to the Facility Manager
This is a Full-Time
position 1st Shift
Number of Openings for this position: 1