ZendeskMadison, Wisconsin, US
As a member of the ZNOC team located in Madison, WI you are responsible for critical infrastructure systems that help us run our platform and manage fast growth. You'll partner closely with other operations, development, tools, quality assurance, and customer support teams to make Zendesk services more reliable and performant each day. You love to investigate problems, solve issues, and work with a team that is always thinking first about our customers experience.What you get to do every day:
- Directly impact availability and performance of the Zendesk platform for the 119,000+ companies that were proud to have as customers.
- Monitor testing, status, and metric tools that report on activities across the Zendesk platform.
- Monitoring, troubleshooting, & correcting server and network problems along with other ZNOC Engineers and members of our Technical Operations team.
- Responsible for ensuring that Zendesk services run efficiently without interruption by alerting Technical Operations teams to major performance risks and disruptions.
- Identify improvements and upgrades to our architecture, and collaborate with other teams to get them into production as requested
- Contribute to documentation review and updates
- Participate in incident response and coordinate activities along with Zendesk Customer Support, Global Operations, and other Engineering groups as requested
- Keep abreast of latest Zendesk product offerings and architecture
- 2 + years of Linux system (management) experience.
- 1 year of Linux systems - monitor remote Linux systems via command line.
- 1 year of scripting skills - Bash or Python, etc.
- Ability to travel to other Zendesk offices, including San Francisco and Manila, for up to 2 weeks per year.
- Ability to work some nights, some overtime, and weekend hours.
- BS/BA in relevant technical field.
- 2+ years supporting critical infrastructure systems.
- Experience in an SaaS or hosted application service provider environment.
- Knowledge of monitoring platforms and applications.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Nagios, New Relic, Datadog, and Pagerduty.
- Drive to complete activities with precise detail and organize work in a meticulous manner.
- Strong experience in a Linux environment.
- Understanding of IT operational processes including Incident and Problem Management.
- Proficiency in one or more scripting languages.
- Enthusiasm for working in a high paced environment while remaining analytical and detail-oriented.
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal, with a strong attention to detail.
- Collaborative, upbeat work ethic where you can take ownership and have fun.
- A desire to serve the local Madison community aligning with Zendesk's want to give back within the local areas in which our offices are located.
The best customer experiences are built with Zendesk. Zendesk's powerful and flexible customer service and engagement platform scales to meet the needs of any business, from startups and small businesses to growth companies and enterprises. Zendesk serves businesses across a multitude of industries, with more than 125,000 paid customer accounts offering service and support in more than 30 languages. Headquartered in San Francisco, Zendesk operates worldwide with 15 offices in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at www.zendesk.com
Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation
to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.
Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's Candidate Privacy Notice
explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk's use of your personal information.