MiTek® USA Inc., a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. is the world's leading supplier of state-of-the-art, engineered connector products, engineering services, and computer-driven machinery for the building component industry. We provide the industry's most advanced, most comprehensive, and most innovative software for design and manufacturing. Our products and services are backed up by a team of industry professionals who are dedicated to one goal – making our customers successful.
We are seeking a Customer Service Representative I to: Processes orders. Supports USP Structural Connectors product line by providing technical information to customers, design professionals, building officials, builders and contractors. Conducts in-house training in product knowledge for USP personnel. Interacts closely with Job Quote Desk, Field Sales, Manufacturing, Marketing, and Engineering on all product related issues.
Process orders, make changes or cancel orders by following order entry procedures.
- • Provide technical support to field sales staff and customer service. This may include preparing load charts using USP catalogs, code reports and electronic comparison guides.
• Directly communicate with design professionals, builders, contractors, building officials and customers to provide technical support about USP product line. This may include information about load values, product application/installation and code reports, etc.
• Process customs and specials and provide technical support when needed.
• Initiate callbacks to and follow up with customers in the event of back orders and other unexpected changes or delays.
• Document and communicate customer feedback including complaints to management.
• Conduct in-house training to increase product knowledge of internal staff.
• Review technical literature created by the marketing department as requested.
• Attend product related meetings as required.
• Accurately price orders using computer system, special promos or job quotes as applicable.
• Attendance at work during the regularly scheduled shift is an essential duty. This includes, but is not limited to the ability to be present at work, arrive on time and be at the work station ready for work at the start of the shift.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Attendance during regular work hours and overtime as required.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Experience: 2 plus years of experience in Related Field or Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of QAD MFG/PRO Manufacturing software; Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word Processing software.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of residential and commercial construction and specification processes.
- Framing knowledge a plus.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
MiTek is an E-Verify, Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Tracy, California, United States