U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information
In keeping with our commitment to the community in which we do business, and in compliance with state and federal law, ACADIA is an equal opportunity employer. Our employment policies and procedures ensure that we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all aspects of employment without unlawful regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran's status, marital status, medical condition, and physical or mental disability. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. We invite you to complete the optional self-identification fields below used for compliance with government regulations and record-keeping guidelines.
- San Diego, CA - HQPosition Summary:
Responsible for direct management of the field based, vendor provided reimbursement team, NUPLAZIDconnect Access Specialists (NAS). Assures alignment with company sales and access teams and exceptional delivery in care coordination, reimbursement assistance and patient education and support. Primary Responsibilities:
- Works closely with the patient and their families, physicians, nurses, pharmacists, LTC stakeholders, and SPs to streamline access to NUPLAZID by preventing and addressing barriers to patient access.
- Leads and collaborates closely with NAS management and provides oversight to the NAS team to ensure all parties responsible for the care of the patient are educated on the process of starting on NUPLAZID.
- Monitors compliance/adherence, drives change/resolution of coverage policy issues with field-based market access team, including commercial and government payers
- Responsible for primary escalation of NAS issues and primary point of contact for Regional Sales Managers, National Sales Directors, internal Access & Reimbursement team, and third-party Case Manager leadership
- Provides guidance toward the development and performance of team members including time and execution of strategic and tactical initiatives
- Internally accountable for cross-functional communication and externally among a diverse set of customers
- Works directly with the Director, Access Marketing to:
- Review and assist with the training and onboarding programs of new NAS's to assure compliance and appropriateness
- Manage the evolution of the NAS team to ensure strategic alignment as business needs and the market evolve
- Develop appropriate metrics to measure performance; monitor and communicate those metrics to internal stakeholders
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree (science or business preferred) or equivalent combination of relevant education and applicable job experience may be considered. MBA preferred. A minimum of 10 years progressively responsible experience in pharmaceutical or medical sales with a minimum of 6 years in a sales leadership role. A focus on neuroscience preferred. Requires prior pharmaceutical sales experience, first-line pharmaceutical/biotech sales management experience, and vendor and contract management. Requires experience working directly with patients on specialty products and technical expertise in access reimbursement, commercial reimbursement, payers/managed care organizations, specialty pharmacies and billing and coding. Experience with product launches and Long-Term Care and Account Management experience highly desired.
- A patient-centric mentality and approach
- Ability to effectively and empathetically communicate with HCPs, patients, caregivers and family members about access and care coordination issues
- Ability to lead internal teams to achieve common goals and to work cross functionally to achieve resolution
- Ability to lead external customers, public and commercial payers, specialty pharmacies, and LTC stakeholders to achieve appropriate access for patients
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Ability to negotiate with business partners and management influencing senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization
- Proficiency at creating and communicating a clear vision among team members effectively aligning resources and activities to achieve functional area and/or organizational goals.
- Ability to travel up to 80% overnight.
Establishes strategic plans for designated function(s). Develops methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people. Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of functional area and related organizational objectives. Erroneous decisions will have a serious impact on the overall success of functional area and may impact the long term success of the Company.Physical Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, see, talk or hear in a standard office environment and independently from remote locations. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Ability to travel by car or airplane independently up to 80% of the time and work after hours if required by travel schedule or business issues.