2018-1374# of Openings
US-WI-West BendPosted Date
14 hours agoCategory
This is a 1st shift position.
Reporting to the first Shift Supervisor, the Material Handler is primarily responsible for processing parts through the facility. A Materials Handler is responsible for taking material from one location to another and may be involved in the process of organizing inventory throughout the facility. Responsibilities
- Loads, unloads, and moves materials within or near plant, yard, or work site, performing any combination of following duties: Reads work order or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand.
- Conveys materials to or from storage or work sites to designated area, using a forklift, hand truck, electric dolly, or other device.
- Will be responsible for inventory control on the production floor, ensuring that materials are brought efficiently and accurately to machines to keep production downtime to a minimum.
- May occasionally operate industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
- Required to fill out an daily inspection before starting up the forklift
- Assists with routine or general housekeeping tasks as they relate to the plants 6s plan.
- Work in other areas and work cells as needed when Material Handling is slow.
- Ensure compliance with corporate and plant safety standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must be a forklift certified
- 2 years of forklift experience ideally in a metal fabrication shop
- Demonstrated detail orientation, self-motivation skills and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats
- Experience in a fast pace environment.
- Previous experience with moving large metal objects.
- Previous experience working in a Lean Manufacturing environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals wth disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.