Sev1tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other legally protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.Department:
Sev1tech HeadquartersLocation: BRIEF DESCRIPTION:
The Contracts Specialist will be responsible for providing thorough reviews of contract documentation as well as recommendations for negotiations in direct support of federal and commercial program efforts for a prime IT contractor out of the Headquarters in Woodbridge VA.Clearance Level:
Must be a U.S. Citizen able to obtain a clearanceJob Roles & Responsibilities:
Reporting directly to Chief Executive Officer, the Contract Specialist will interface with all levels of executive management as well as teaming partners in matters of contract documentation:
Education, Skill, and Experience Requirements:
- Reviews contracts, line by line, to ensure that there are no mistakes on the originating document which can include Teaming Agreements (TAs), Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs), Memos of Understanding (MOUs), Task Orders (TOs), Purchase Orders (POs), and similar documentation
- Researches the law, prepares memoranda, and provides guidance and legal services to Sev1Tech's leadership, primarily on contract and procurement issues
- Advise executive leadership on contract law, fiscal law and appropriations regulations, intellectual property law, the Federal Acquisition Regulation, Federal procurement integrity and protest regulations, business law, employment law, and Federal socioeconomic programs and goals
- Established Sev1Tech's contracts department, designing and implementing contract management processes, systems, and procedures to best fit Sev1Tech's fast growth and dynamic needs
- Conduct pre- and post-award contract management, including administering multidisciplinary Federal and commercial contracts, and developing pricing strategy for fixed price, cost, and multi-year contracts
- Administer over a dozen multi-million dollar contracts annually, ensuring compliance with contract provisions and resolving problems concerning the obligations and performance of the parties
- Draft and negotiate all contracts in cooperation with the executive, operations, and business teams
- Meet regularly with executives to advise them on contract status, issues, and solutions
- Draft corporate policies, employee handbook, business strategy, and advisory documents
- Support responses to Federal Requests for Proposals and Quotes
- Analyze and evaluate cost and price proposals and monitor corporate accounting systems data
- Reports to the executive team when there are errors or issues of non-compliance
- Seeks clarification as needed regarding the language of the contract through legal means
- With advisement of upper management, can recommend negotiating terms and conditions of the contract
- Take initiative and maintain confidentiality
- Positive professional attitude with ability to communicate clearly, timely, and accurately.
A Bachelor's Degree required in Business or related field at minimum and at least 5 years of relevant contracts work experience. Master's preferred.
- In-depth understanding of the FAR and ability to comprehend the DFAR
- Prior federal contracting experience either from the side of the government or as a federal contractor support personnel
- Attention to detail and the ability to spot errors and inconsistencies
- Excellent reading and language comprehension
- Ability to work with a team at all levels of an organization
- Effective ability to negotiate and execute contracts
- Proven management and leadership skills
- Exceptional communication skills (oral and written)
- Experience in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) knowledgeable with word processing, presentation, spreadsheet, and database software.
Sev1tech Inc., a small business prime contractor based in Woodbridge VA, provides program management, Information Technology, and engineering support services to both federal and commercial clients nationwide.
In addition to providing employees with competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, Sev1tech also provides the following perks:
- Automatic 5% vesting into each employees 401K (no match required)
- Tuition reimbursement and paid certifications
- Paid Volunteer Days
- 3 weeks Paid Time Off
- Referral bonuses for hired referrers
- Eligibility to participate in our Employee Bonus Incentive Programs
Come join the team that's won top 3 Best Small IT Companies to Work for By ComputerWorld 5 years in a row.