- Are you passionate about bringing play opportunities to kids in underserved communities?
- Are you an experienced new business development professional with a knack for relationship building?
Come play with us!
The Associate Director, Corporate Partnerships is responsible for identifying brand alignment and building relationships with corporations and corporate foundations to secure new six and seven figure multi-year gifts to support KaBOOM! programs, initiatives and operations.
KaBOOM! is an EOE dedicated to workforce diversity; women, people of color and LGBTQ+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Secure restricted and unrestricted corporate partnership revenue in excess of $2.5 million across multiple business lines in support of the organization-wide revenue target of $30 million
- Cultivate a portfolio of prospective partners in your assigned geographic region and/or industry
- Take prospects through all phases of the business development cycle clearly articulating the KaBOOM! value proposition and accurately positioning a KaBOOM! partnership as a business solution
- Maintain a solid understanding of the KaBOOM! mission, strategic plan, culture, values, history, programs and initiatives, and stay abreast of trends in corporate philanthropy
- Actively contribute to our inclusive work environment by valuing other people regardless of differences and takes an active role in promoting practices that support diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence
- Bachelor's degree with 7+ years of experience in new business revenue generation, fundraising programs, cause marketing and/or direct sales and securing six and seven figure multi-year gifts
- Exceptional and persuasive written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to effectively interface with staff, community leaders and senior level executives
- Ability to travel to assigned territory, build events and conferences
- Advanced CRM skills (Salesforce preferred) and expertise in Microsoft Office (Word; Excel; PowerPoint; Outlook)
- The ideal candidate will be collaborative, self-motivated and have the ability to manage multiple tasks and goals with high ethical standards, tact and diplomacy
KaBOOM! is the national non-profit dedicated to giving all kids especially those living in underserved areas the childhood they deserve through great, safe places to play. KaBOOM! inspires communities to make play the easy choice and works to drive the national discussion about the importance of PLAYces. KaBOOM! has collaborated with partners to build or improve more than 17,000 playspaces, engaged more than 1.5 million volunteers and served over 9 million kids.
We have a fun and dynamic work atmosphere filled with talented and passionate Boomers who want to make a difference in kids' lives. Individuals interested in applying for this position are encouraged to go to kaboom.org/careers and select Associate Director, Corporate Partnerships. This position will be based in our Washington, DC office. Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.