Job FamilyClinical, LicensedJob Brief
The Care Manager will provide telephonic assessment, referrals, and benefit related counseling.
ExemptABOUT THE POSITION
We are currently seeking a dynamic Care Manager to join our team at our office in Cypress, CA. The Care Manager will provide telephonic assessment, referrals, and benefit related counseling.Position Responsibilities:
- Conducts reviews for medical necessity of psychiatric/substance abuse cases utilizing professional knowledge while applying ValueOptions criteria consistently and render certification decisions that are within the scope of practice that is relevant to the clinical areas under review.
- Utilizes rounds and case consultations with Clinical Supervisor/Manager/Director and Medical Director/Peer Advisor for cases outside criteria or not progressing.
- Refers cases to Peer Advisors that do not meet criteria for decision of medical necessity.
- Coordinates with providers and other Care Managers to assure that patient comprehensive treatment needs are met and that there is continuity of patient care.
- Maintains confidentiality, ethical and professional standards, adhering to ValueOptions Clinical Policy and Procedures and Benefit Plan requirements.
- Maintains departmental productivity and performance standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
: Minimum of a master's degree in mental health related discipline or a minimum of an Associate's degree in nursing with related psychiatric nursing experience. Licensure : Current, valid and unrestricted California clinical license in a mental health field (Ph.D., LCSW, LPC or LMFT) is required.
Current licensure must be maintained in the state where employed. Additionally, some client contracts will also require current licensure in the state in which their membership or consumer base residesRelevant Work Experience:
Three (3) to five (5) years direct practices experience in psychiatric or substance abuse treatment. Experience in settings that include inpatient, partial, and/or Outpatient care is required.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong customer service orientation and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Type 30 wpm
- Knowledge of treatment care resources and levels of care available
Click below on "Apply for this Position"
to create a profile and apply for the position
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled
AAP Reporting Location:CA - Cypress
ID (Req #):55419
FTE Status:Full Time
Schedule:8am - 5pm