IDC Requisition Number
US-MA-Framingham# of Openings
IDC is seeking a security research analyst that understands the nature of today's internet threats and the implications to enterprises as they build out their security programs. The successful security analyst will work with a small team as they delve into technology risk management, cost-benefit economics, cutting edge technology platforms and control environments and produce key guidance for large enterprises and solution providers.
S/he will be responsible for researching, writing and advising clients about trends and solutions in IT/cybersecurity. Responsibilities
- Analyze and write market reports on Security Product market development, forecasting and vendor strategies with an emphasis on data security platforms, web security, and application security
- Build and/or enhance data models for new and existing security markets
- Experience with surveys and data analysis
- Participate in custom research projects
- Develops and/or customizes IT/cybersecurity research and consulting projects to meet the specific needs of the external customers
- Travel to customer meetings and events, as required
- Bachelor degree required; advanced degrees a plus
- Excellent writing skills
- 5-7 years of of applicable security industry and/or analyst experience, and be able to demonstrate a proven track record of written deliverables
- Ability to rapidly develop content based on analyst conversations, vendor briefings, and customer interviews
- Strong research and Excel skills are needed
- Preference for candidates who possesses security industry certification or desire to gain certification
- Ability to travel approximately 20%.
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1,100 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For 50 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company.IDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, handicap, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law.