IDC Requisition Number
US-MA-Framingham# of Openings
IDC is the most respected global technology market research firm operating in over 110 countries worldwide. Our collaborative, innovative and entrepreneurial culture is the perfect place for you to discover your future.
IDC's Infrastructure Platforms and Technologies Group is seeking a Research Manager to support its research and business development efforts in this sector. We are looking for an individual that has exposure to or has managed infrastructure technologies and platforms that are built-on, support or host:
- Non-relational analytic data stores (e.g. Hadoop, MongoDB, Cassandra) and continuous analytic tools (e.g. Amazon Kinesis, Microsoft Azure Data Factory).
- Relational data warehouses, analytic and performance management applications, and business intelligence and analytic tools and platforms (including AI software platforms and frameworks like TensorFlow, Caffe).
- Current and next-gen infrastructure virtualization, containers and orchestration technologies such as VMware vSphere, KVM, Xen, Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Software-defined Infrastructure, Platform, Function (Serverless Computing), and Software as a service offerings and/or infrastructure as a service.
- Hardware accelerators GPUs and FPGAs, and associated frameworks like CUDA.
This is a highly visible position that requires the candidate to develop cutting-edge qualitative and quantitative research for IDC's exceptionally diverse base of clients that includes hardware, software and services vendors.
A successful candidate will seek to become a subject-matter expert on datacenter infrastructure software and hardware, and related technologies. Responsibilities include:
- Publish and present innovative, insightful, and actionable research: this includes writing well-researched and concise reports, generating forecasts, and presenting findings to vendors.
- Participate in survey design and analysis: working in cooperation with IDC's primary researchers to develop, execute and publish relevant consumer and enterprise survey data
- Provide first-class customer support and advisory services: our clients rely on us for timely and actionable insights and ongoing customer interaction is a top responsibility
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 -10 years of professional experience
- A broad background that includes understanding of infrastructure hardware and software platforms and technologies, participating vendors, ecosystem and market dynamic
- Excellent written and oral communications skills. This position requires excellent presentation skills
- Experience working for an IT infrastructure vendor in product management/marketing role is preferred
- Ability to critically analyze new, disruptive and emerging technologies, products, services and vendors, and express the analysis in a written format
- Prior experience working as an analyst and/or related business experience is a plus
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1,100 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For 50 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company.IDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, handicap, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law.