2018-1451# of Openings
General Cable Corporation, a leading wire & cable manufacturer located in Scotsville/Marshall, TX, has an immediate need for a Maintenance Mechanic.We provide a comprehensive benefits package that includes the following:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) savings plan including retirement contributions and company matching
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Life and disability insurance
- Vacation/Holiday pay
The Maintenance Mechanic performs a variety of skilled maintenance work including equipment installation, repair and replacement. In addition, participates in training courses as identified and works in a safe manner following all safety policies and procedures. Specific accountabilities include:
- Perform required disassembly, assembly, installation, adjustment, and lubrication of plant equipment.
- Inspect plant equipment for defects such as misalignment, wear, and insufficient lubrication and repair as assigned.
- Change setups and adjust equipment as required by maintenance management to accommodate varying production processes.
- Diagnose complex mechanical problems.
- Determine best methods and procedures for repairs to minimize interruption of production while maintaining process safety and efficiency.
- Ability to work in a high performing team environment
- Prior manufacturing experience with the ability to prioritize and pay close attention to detail
- Frequent standing, lifting, pushing, pulling, squatting, stooping, kneeling and bending is required
- Ability to use computer•
- Must be able to work overtime as necessary
- Willing to work a 12-hour rotating shift schedule
- Applicable technical degree, journeyman preferred or equivalent experience
- Knowledge and experience in other maintenance trades desirable
- Must be able to pass background check, physical and drug test
General Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, military service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. General Cable will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please let us know.