Polaris Alpha LLC.Req #
Fort Meade, MD - Columbia MD Client SiteBenefits
ecurity clearanceJob Description
JR. MECHANICAL ENGINEER
**US Citizenship Required**
Fourth Dimension, it's about time.
Fourth Dimension Engineering provides complete electronic product design and development services. Our engineering design capabilities span multiple engineering disciplines and employ a flexible, mission-centric product development process. We consistently succeed on the most challenging time-critical problems.
Working at a small company means you are never far from the action. We don't have layers of management to battle. Instead, we pride ourselves on our culture of independence and responsibility where you have the freedom to make the decisions required for mission success.
Let's get philosophical.
The growth and progress of any organization like ours depends on its employees - people with initiative, creativity, and enthusiasm providing exceptional service with integrity and professionalism. We maintain high standards of honesty, hard work and a consistent focus on our customer's needs. In the workplace, we promote an atmosphere of open communication and collaboration among all of our employees in which they can learn and grow. Our employees work together for our common success to help us maintain our leadership position in a highly competitive industry. We lead where others only follow; we succeed by cultivating the best in our team.
Fourth Dimension Engineering is seeking talented and experienced Mechanical Engineers to support the design, prototyping and production manufacturing of custom microelectronic devices in our Columbia, MD and College Park, MD offices. Specifically, this position will focus on the development of a quick-turn, in-house additive manufacturing capability for the design and fabrication of printed microelectronics.Required Skills
The successful candidate will have experience in the following areas:
• Additive Manufacturing - researching and developing additive manufacturing processes, materials, and/or equipment
• Microelectronics Packaging - researching, qualifying and adapting new microelectronics packaging and assembly techniques
• Manufacturing process development, tool design, and equipment set-up/operation to support prototype and/or high volume production builds for electrical and/or mechanical components
• Designing and drafting mechanical and electrical components utilizing 3D computer-aided design (CAD) (i.e. Solidworks, Altium)
• Conducting and documenting engineering trade studies, analyses and tests.
• Bachelor/Master/PhD degree from an accredited college or university in Mechanical, Microelectronics, Manufacturing, Materials, Chemical, Electrical Engineering, Physics or equivalent
• 0-7 years of engineering experience in a similar position
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong organizational skills and multitasking abilities
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to prepare written requirements and specifications
If you meet the requirements above and are interested in joining a high-performance development team, APPLY NOW!Desired Skills
The following experience areas are preferred, but not required:
• Printed Electronics - coursework, research or experience in the development of printed electronics processes, materials and/or equipment
• Development, validation and optimization of thermal and structural finite element analysis (FEA) models (i.e. CFdesign
• Engineering statistics background - Statistical Process Control (SPC), Design of Experiments (DOE)
• Failure analysis background
• Troubleshooting and resolving equipment problems
• Hands-on fabrication, assembly and test of 1st article engineering prototypes
• Experience with machine shop equipment such as manual or CNC mills, manual lathes, drill presses, band saws, shears and experience with molding, casting, or vacuum casting
• Familiarity with microelectronic assembly techniques
o Surface Mount Technology (SMT) - solder paste dispense, component pick and place, reflow, underfill, inspection
o Hybrid - wafer processing (dice, backgrind, sort, inspect), die attach, wire bonding, flip chip, dam & fill, transfer molding, balling, lidding, laser/ink marking, inspection
We are looking for a self-motivated individual who can operate in a less structured, free thinking environment, but who can also contribute to and support overall team success.