Polaris Alpha LLC.Req #
TSSCI Full Scope PolyPosition Type
Engineering - Field EngineerLocation
Fort Meade, MDBenefits Benefits
- Flexible work schedule and time off
- Generous leave - grows as you continue your tenure with 4D!
- Holiday shut down around the Christmas/New Year timeframe
- Retirement contributions of 15% of total comp per year
- Continuous education and conference allowance
- Who doesn't love company swag? We have plenty of it!
- Plus all the basics that are important too (like comprehensive healthcare, life insurance, short and long term disability)
Electrical Engineering Technician
**US Citizens ONLY due to Federal Gov't Requirement**
Fourth Dimension Engineering in Columbia, Maryland is seeking a talented and experienced Engineering Technician. Successful candidates will provide technical expertise in electronics integration and prototyping for a small team. Tasks will include assisting engineers with production and prototype fabrication, process development, test, and documentation. Specialized experience in electronic systems troubleshooting/testing, electronic systems construction/deconstruction, precision soldering, and quick response prototyping skills are required. Rapid PCB prototyping skills and experience soldering many types of packages is also needed. Ideal candidates will be able to comfortably and effectively move between roles as hands-on electronics technicians, integrators, and testers.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual who can operate in a less structured, free thinking environment, but who can also contribute to and support overall team success.Required Skills
• Minimum of 15 years experience as an assembler, electronics technician, or engineering technician
• Must be skilled in soldering under a microscope, including
o Able to place and remove 0201 components, QFN's, and other modern chip-scale leadless packages.
o Able to route and solder 40 AWG multi-fiber wire
o Able to connectorize, route, and solder micro coax, such as UT-20
Must be able to
o Develop assembly processes
o Design and construct tooling to assist with assembly or test processes
o Debug hardware failures and document test results
o Lead and communicate requirements to contractor engineering technicians, assemblers/fabricators, mechanical designers and technical writers
o Prepare and validate parts lists
o lndependently perform tests and document the tests results, following an approved test plan
o Effectively communicate with the technical team, management and the customer concerning status of work
Experience with machine shop equipment such as manual or CNC mills, manual lathes, drill presses, band saws, shears and experience with molding, casting, or vacuum casting are all desirable, but not required
Must meet eligibility requirements for obtaining and maintaining a U.S. Government security clearance