Owens Realty ServicesE. Hartford, CT, United States of AmericaOverview
Our employees experience a dynamic and rewarding place to work. We have a reputation for outstanding customer service, professionalism, teamwork, and exceeding client expectations. We consider the employees of Owens Realty Services and Owens Facility Services to be one of our most valuable resources. Our employees treat others in a friendly and courteous manner and have respect for other employees, tenants, visitors and our clients' property. Job Skills / Requirements
We have an exceptional part-time Custodial opportunities within a prestigious portfolio located in the greater Hartford, CT area. As a core member of the Custodial Team, you will be primarily responsible for performing routine cleaning within a school system environment.
As a full-service commercial brokerage, investment, management, maintenance, housekeeping and environmental services company, Owens Realty Services continues to experience extraordinary growth attributed to our overwhelming commitment and dedication to the absolute best and most innovative services in the industry. As a part-time Custodian you will work closely with the team in order to meet the needs of the client. In this role, you will report to the Custodial Manager.
Locations: Avon, Bloomfield, E. Hartford, South Windsor, Windsor
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 6:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Here is what you can expect in this role:
• Performs all assigned tasks in a professional manner in order to reflect the highest integrity of the company.
• Performs routine cleaning of rooms, business units, offices, private areas, waiting areas, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators and stairways in a clean, neat and sanitary manner.
• Completes work assignments in a timely manner.
• Utilizes the appropriate chemicals and supplies according to procedure.
• Uses and maintains equipment properly.
• Maintains confidentiality of information.
• Assists visitors with directions whenever requested.
• Always introduces self to staff, clients and tenants.
• Reports safety hazards as appropriate.
• Transports trash and hazardous waste to appropriate disposal area.
• Replenishes supplies.
• Follows all infection control practices including hand washing techniques, standard precautions and isolation precautions.
• Participates in performance improvement activities.
• Maintains set quality standards when performing job duties.
• Works day, evening or night shift as assigned.
• Ability to do work on his/her own with normal supervision.
• Observes safety precautions all the time.
• Maintains specific safety precautions including; No small or sharp objects or tools that may injure children, staff, or visitors will be left out.
• Cleaning carts will not be left unattended. Custodial closets will remain locked at all times. Maintain adequate lighting for good visibility.
• Keep hallways and pathways clear of debris, cleaning equipment and tools.
High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED)
1 year of cleaning experience preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; push/pull equipment; use arm, leg and back muscles for extended periods; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects and tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb, stoop, kneel or crouch; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, hazardous materials and waste. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
PM16Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma or EquivalentAdditional Information / Benefits
Established in 1990, Owens Realty Services is a full-service commercial brokerage, investment, management, maintenance, housekeeping and environmental services company. Our comprehensive roster of services efficiently and economically manages the operation of sophisticated real estate investment portfolios, residential apartment and condominium complexes, government buildings, educational facilities, corporate campuses, high-profile venues and family entertainment parks in both the public and private sector. Owens Realty Services affiliates with significant industry associations to stay on the forefront of the development of new management models, marketing strategies, maintenance techniques and industry product lines. We integrate industry best practices to achieve the highest quality of service delivery for our clients.
With an emphasis on customized management plans, our services result in maintaining the maximum life cycles for critical capital investments, a healthy and clean environment for all building tenants and visitors, as well as substantial cost savings. Owens Realty Services saves our clients, on average, approximately $1.00 per square foot in operational cost savings.
Owens Realty Services portfolio includes over 25 million square feet of first class, high profile facilities in Connecticut , Florida, North Carolina and New York with a value of more than $8 billion in real estate net worth and $30 million in gross annual revenue. With over 1,000 industry professionals company-wide, our organization continues to experience extraordinary growth attributed to our overwhelming commitment and dedication to the absolute best and most innovative services in the industry.
We look for employees who will:
- Strive for professional excellence in the performance of their jobs
- Understand and support the company's direction
- Provide superior service to our customers and employees
- Be flexible, innovative, and responsible to change
- Manage human and financial resources wisely
- Be a team player, helping others to succeed
- Encourage open communication throughout the company
- Treat all individuals with dignity and respect
- Have pride in and sell Owens Realty Services to others
- Be energetic and excited about their field of work and of others around them
- Be able to go above and beyond what is expected of them
- Be involved and enveloped in the entire business of our company
Owens Realty Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, or national origin.
Screening Requirements: Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check
This is a Part-Time