Integrated DNA TechnologiesID
Sales# of Openings
8 hours agoShift/Schedule
M-F 40 Hour Week (United States of America)Overview
The Technical Sales Representative is responsible for the promotion and sales of IDT's full portfolio of custom oligonucleotide solutions across key application areas such as Next Generation Sequencing, Synthetic Biology, and qPCR. This role requires strategic and consistent delivery of customer support and satisfaction, while managing and driving customer consultations and partnerships within the assigned territory to achieve profit and revenue growth goals.Candidate to reside in the San Diego, CA area.ResponsibilitiesEssential Functions:
- Develops and manages assigned accounts strategically in order to deliver solutions and drive revenue growth
- Researches and understands territory growth opportunities for developing an effective business plan and sales strategy
- Maintains and develops strategic partnerships with key customers and leverages internal resources, when necessary, to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Develops the client relationship by understanding both short term and long term needs/goals for optimal positioning of IDT's products and services
- Schedules sales calls and travel itinerary to address customer needs and executes sales strategies through timely follow up, including detailed notes captured through CRM/Salesforce.com
- Communicates with internal sales/customer support service on all customer-related business.
- Builds sales rapport and business acumen with all customers.
- Prospects new accounts and prepares information for all sales calls to secure new customers.
- Educates and provides customers with current product sales information.
- Maintains records and communications with customer base through IDT's CRM program
- Researches and evaluates competitor's products for internal communications and effective product positioning for a successful sale.
- Develops innovative and creative sales strategies.
- Participates on product introduction team for new product launches.
- Participates in training and ongoing staff meetings at various IDT locations as determined by management.
- Participates in exhibitions where assigned and provides quantitative and qualitative feedback on assigned exhibitions
- Maintains regular and informative communications with the Regional Sales Manager.
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with the Integrated DNA Technologies Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in a Life Science field or Bachelor's degree with relevant Life Sciences sales experience required.
- PhD in a Life Science field preferred.
- Valid driver's license required
Other Job Qualifications
- Application experience within NGS, qPCR, cloning, mutagenesis, etc. and working knowledge of accounts in assigned territory preferred.
- Previous laboratory experience required
- Skill to effectively manage time to meet operational needs and desired outcomes.
- Skill to effectively organize information to meet operational needs and desired outcomes.
- Skill to prioritize workflow in a changing work environment.
- Knowledge of negotiation techniques.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to communicate effectively using a variety of styles and techniques appropriate to the audience.
- Frequent travel (more than 20%) is expected.
Exert up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequentlyConstant (67%-100% of work day)
Occasional (33% or less of work day)
- Talking: expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken work- those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: perceiving the nature of sounds at normal range; ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when auscultating and percussing.
- Reaching: extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Sitting: to assume a position in which the weight is largely supported by the buttocks, usually with the body vertical and the thighs horizontal.
- Standing: maintaining an upright position.
- Walking: moving about on foot to accomplish tasks.
- Lifting: raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position.
- Using Fingers/Grasping/Feeling: writing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers or palm and perceiving attributes of objects such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touch.
- Repetitive Motion: substantial movements (motion) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Bending: bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist and/or bending leg; bending legs at knee to come to rest or kneel.
- Pushing/Pulling: using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward/using upper extremities to exert force in order to drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Climbing: stairs, stools, ramps, ladders.
Integrated DNA Technologies is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Work requires close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to read pertinent printed material and distinguish colors.
- Ability to accurately read measurements on equipment.
- Ability to prepare and read written documentation; use of computer.