Simply stated, Materion makes advanced materials that improve the world. We are a global leader in creating innovative, high performance engineered material solutions
for a wide range of growth industries: high-tech consumer electronics
, commercial aerospace
, and many more.
Our products, services and expertise help enable customers' technologies. We supply sophisticated thin film coatings for hard disk drives, specialty inorganic chemicals for solar energy panels, bio-compatible materials for implantable medical devices, specialty alloys for miniature consumer electronics components, optical filters for thermal imaging, critical components for infrared sensing technology, special materials for LEDs and much more. As the world's only integrated "mine-to-mill" supplier of beryllium-based products, we also offer beryllium, specialty engineered beryllium alloys and beryllium composites.
As a team of 2,600 associates, we partner with customers in more than 50 countries. In 2017, we generated over $1B+ in revenues and made an exciting new acquisition that expanded our footprint in the U.S., Europe and Asia. For more information, check out our video "Materion Is" along with other videos https://www.youtube.com/user/MaterionVideos/playlists of us showing you how we're Making a Difference our shared purpose of" Making Advanced materials that Improve the World." Click on any of the icons below to connect with Materion on social media. JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
Under the direction of the Vacuum Melt Supervisor, the Vacuum Melt Technician is responsible for the maintenance, setup, and operation of the vacuum melter(s) and tube furnace(s) to melt and cast pure metals and alloys into plates/ingots. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Following production orders and supervisor/manager instructions, weighs out and prepares materials for vacuum melting.
- Keeps records of all vacuum melting operations
- Develops with Process Engineer, procedures for vacuum melting new materials
- Cleans and evaluates vacuum melted parts
- Maintain equipment; perform preventive maintenance as scheduled
- Maintains supplies necessary for the operation and maintenance of vacuum melters and tube furnaces.
- Process all necessary paperwork to include analysis forms, labor data entry, and inventory records
Requires high school diploma or equivalent plus one year of industrial training and three to twelve months related experience to become familiar with equipment and processes.