ABOUT MATERION: Materion Corporation (NYSE: MTRN) is one of the world's premier high performance advanced materials companies, dedicated to providing solutions that enable our customers' technologies and drive their growth. Materion is a unique, rapidly growing, advanced materials solutions company enabling our customers' high-value technology and long-term success. Our advanced materials are used in a variety of electrical, electronic, thermal and structural applications. Products include precious and non-precious specialty metals, precision optical filters, inorganic chemicals and powders, specialty coatings, specialty engineered beryllium alloys, beryllium and beryllium composites, and engineered clad and plated metal systems. We offer competitive salary, incentive bonus opportunity, tuition reimbursement, a competitive retirement plan, comprehensive healthcare and dental coverage and advancement opportunities.
This position entails supervisory responsibilites.
- Under the direction of the Director of Manufacturing, this position supervises and coordinates the daily work activities required to execute the work schedule that is consistent with company goals and objectives
- The Production Supervisor recommends the most efficient use of equipment to produce a quality product on a timely basis and in accordance with planned schedule
- He or she works with Planning/Scheduling to assign work to employees based on available equipment, and the employee's ability and product knowledge; he or she schedules overtime as required to execute the production schedule
- Ensures accuracy of SAP for all reporting work centers
- Communicates with other departments, functions, and shifts to determine their needs and problems to ensure that all work is completed in a timely fashion; assists with problem resolution, delays, and corrective actions, as necessary
- Responsible for employee's compliance with established company policies/procedures; takes appropriate disciplinary action when necessary within established guidelines
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining an effective training program for new and transferred employees, monitors progress of trainees and aids in successful completion, enters training into the QSI system
- Supervises the timely and accurate completion of all required records and data entry and investigates errors to determine root causes and recommends corrective action
- Works closely with Engineering to make recommendations for process improvements, equipment modifications and/or tooling to reduce scrap, improve quality, and productivity
- Requisition all necessary supplies and follows up to insure there is no interruption in production; coordinates closely with purchasing as required
- Works closely with Maintenance, requesting and coordinating repairs to equipment when necessary
- Ensures that all assigned employees work safely, strictly adhering to all safety rules/regulations and proper use of all safety equipment including the wearing of PPE as required; issues appropriate disciplinary action as required and in accordance with established guidelines.
- Completes performance appraisals for all assigned employees, sets goals and objectives consistent with department/unit goals
- Recommends wage increases, promotions, transfers and adjusts subordinates responsibilities when necessary
- Interview potential new hires and provide input in the hiring decision in accordance with company standards and in compliance with federal legislation
- Responsible for department's cleanliness, appearance, and housekeeping
- Conducts meetings with department personnel to ensure that they are informed on business developments, policy changes, and upcoming departmental plans, including quality initiatives.
- Engage in positive employee relations initiatives, coach employees, and mentor employees
- Recommends corrective action up to and including termination and counsel employees when required
Proficient with ERP systems, such as SAP, Microsoft Office, and overall strong computer skills
Excellent verbal and written communications skills; ability to communicate with and relate to all levels within the organization
The above statement reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the position described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the role.
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain, or related field
Minimum five years of supervisory experience of 20 plus direct report employees
Experiencing in the recruitment and selection process of manufacturing employees
Experience with inventory management, CPIM Certification is preferred but not required
- Experience delivering effective feedback whether it be positive or negative