IDC Requisition Number
US-MA-Framingham# of Openings
IDC is the most respected global technology market research firm operating in over 110 countries worldwide. Our collaborative, entrepreneurial and innovative culture is the perfect place for you to discover your future.
The Information Technology group at IDC is seeking an IT Solutions Business Analyst
who will be part of several teams responsible for developing, maintaining and operating IDC corporate software solutions (both custom built and off-the-shelf/cloud solutions). This entails working on a variety of projects with company-wide visibility, helping to address business challenges, and aid in driving adoption of internal tools.Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of the IT Solutions BA include:
- Working with Product Management and business owners to determine project scope and where applicable UX to design the best user interface and then deliver these specifications to developers
- Assessing complex issues and analyze to provide solutions in timely manner
- Applying lessons learned and best practices to continually improve and update services
- Understanding integration points of various systems for both customers (e.g. IDC.com) and employees (e.g. authoring, publishing, O365, etc)
- Supporting the QA team with testing to ensure solutions meet the needs of business owners
- Developing and maintaining close relationships with internal customers to fully understand IDC's business and its priorities
- Communicating on a regular basis with all stakeholders to ensure everybody is aligned towards the same goal
- Specifying project deliverables, and working with Product Management, Development, Design, QA, and major stakeholders to ensure the deliverables accurately represent the product specifications.
We are seeking an individual who enjoys working in a collaborative environment.
- The ideal candidate will be multi-talented and have a deep appreciation for the business as well as a strong orientation towards details and technical skills.
- The IT Solutions BA should be a self-directed, creative problem solver and able to adjust to a fast-paced global environment.
- This position plays an important role of bridging the gap between our business needs and our technical solutions.
Specifically, you must demonstrate past success:
- Interfacing with all levels of management on project goals and progress
- Ability to create effective strategies and execution plans when faced with ambiguous and incomplete information
- Successfully managing simultaneous, cross-functional, mission-critical projects under tight deadlines
- Working remotely with individuals both across the U.S. and internationally
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office 2016 Word, PowerPoint, Excel with knowledge of and experience with Office 365 products and emerging features
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1,100 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For 50 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company.IDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, handicap, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law.