Integrated DNA TechnologiesID
Marketing# of Openings
10 hours agoShift/Schedule
M-F 40 Hour Week (United States of America)Overview
The Director of Commercial Marketing for IDT's global marketing organization, is responsible for directing a global team of Regional and Commercial Marketing Managers and setting a global commercialization strategy for IDT products by market segment and region. Candidates will need a proven track record of leadership success, as well as an intimate understanding of customer needs within key IDT market segments (custom oligos, functional genomics/CRISPR, qPCR, next-generation sequencing, synthetic biology, etc.). Candidates will also demonstrate intimate knowledge of broader business topics, including global sales funnel/cycle issues, content marketing, digital marketing, ecommerce, and budget/forecasting by segment and region. International business experience is also mandatory for success in this role.ResponsibilitiesEssential Functions:
- Directs a growing, global team of Commercial Marketing Managers and Regional Marketing Managers; which would include employee hiring, training, evaluations and discipline.
- Works with the broader Marketing organization and with global Sales, develop a comprehensive commercial marketing strategy by region and market segment that is designed to drive customer awareness, lead generation, engagement, and revenue. Ensures that this strategy is executed well and in a timely fashion. Strategy creation includes forecast and budget development, in addition to customer and competitive analysis with regional Marketing and Sales teams.
- Works collaboratively and cross-functionally with all IDT organizations to drive awareness of the Commercial Marketing Function inside of IDT and drive IDT's business worldwide.
- Possesses a strong understanding of customer needs within IDT customer segments, through direct customer contact and primary and secondary research.
- Works with IDT Product Marketing/Management, Product Development, and Project Management --as well as with Global Sales and Regional Marketing-- to guide the development accurate marketing personas, effective customer segmentation strategies, insightful buyer journeys, and useful value propositions and key messages specific to the individual market segments.
- Oversees conversion of customer and market insights into core marketing briefs and strategic marketing plans that drive successful lead generation and product launch campaigns.
- Guides Regional and Commercial Marketing Manager collaboration with content writers, branding and public relations, collateral design, and search engine optimization experts to ensure that campaign tactics match market segment needs.
- Partners with digital marketing, marketing automation, and web development experts to ensure that marketing campaigns are executed well and in a timely fashion.
- Works with IDT leadership to support joint business activities and partnerships with key customers and industry groups.
- Monitors the success of marketing campaigns by using advanced digital tagging and metrics to ensure that key performance indicators are met, and campaigns demonstrate a positive return on investment.
- Demonstrates and upholds behavior consistent with the Integrated DNA Technologies Core Values and delivers the Integrated DNA Technologies experience to customers and other business associates.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred
Other Job Qualifications:
- Minimum of eight years of experience in leading and managing commercial marketing, business development, customer management, and lead generation/marketing operations; including forecast and budget development and oversight required
- Minimum of five years of experience with core IDT market segments or related life sciences technology and market segments required
- Previous management experience required
- Extensive experience with defining marketing strategy and creating marketing campaigns and marketing plans required
- SEO keyword research experience required
- Product marketing experience a strongly preferred
- Ecommerce experience a very strongly preferred
- Experience with Kapost workflow management tool preferred
- Google Analytics experience preferred
- Proven team leadership and management skills, with the ability to develop and execute high-level marketing strategy
- Proven project management skills required, along with the ability to directly or indirectly influence and lead teams and prioritize heavy workload to meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Superb negotiation and influencing skills
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to analyze data, draw conclusions, and present findings
- Ability to adapt to change
- Must be (very) results focused
- Adaptability to performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers.
- Adaptability to accepting responsibility for the direction, control or planning of an activity.
- Adaptability to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances or standards.
Exert up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to a minimal amount frequentlyConstant (67%-100% of work day)
Frequently (34%-66% of work day)
- Sitting: to assume a position in which the weight is largely supported by the buttocks, usually with the body vertical and the thighs horizontal.
- Using Fingers/Grasping/Feeling: writing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers or palm and perceiving attributes of objects such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touch.
- Repetitive Motion: substantial movements (motion) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Occasional (33% or less of work day)
- Talking: expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken work- those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: perceiving the nature of sounds at normal range; ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when auscultating and percussing.
- Reaching: extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: maintaining an upright position.
- Walking: moving about on foot to accomplish tasks.
- Lifting: raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position.
- Bending: bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist and/or bending leg; bending legs at knee to come to rest or kneel.
- Pushing/Pulling: using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward/using upper extremities to exert force in order to drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Climbing: stairs, stools, ramps, ladders.
- Ability to read pertinent printed material and distinguish colors.
- Ability to prepare and read written documentation; use of computer.
Integrated DNA Technologies is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.