B. Braun Medical Inc.Requisition ID
B. Braun Medical Inc# of Openings
8am - 5pmSite
With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic.Responsibilities Position Summary:
The Senior Project Manager II will lead strategic capital engineering projects for the Irvine site, focused on capacity expansions, master plan initiatives and process innovations. The Project Manager will provide day to day management of the project and will be responsible for ensuring that projects remain on track and under budget. The individual in this role will also play a leadership role in identifying and deploying manufacturing technologies to drive business performance aligned with BBMUS' strategic needs. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Partners with key stakeholders, internal or external to BBMUS, to drive project performance aligned with projects' objectives.
- Drives successful implementation and management of assigned strategic capital projects focused on advanced product and manufacturing technologies, through project's entire lifecycle. Oversees day to day management of the project(s).
- Manages costs to stay within budget constraints with responsibility for cost estimation, budgeting, forecasting and management of contingency and allowances, cash flow etc.
- Manages project scheduling, defines project execution strategies, project planning, coordination of project activities, and schedules change management techniques.
- Leads scope development, finalization, stakeholder alignment, and scope change management.
- Plans, organizes and oversees the attainment of project performance goals, objectives, priorities and standards.
- Ensures the completeness and quality of work packages and project deliverables.
- Coordinates and aligns priorities and resources, as well as drives team engagement and motivation.
- Manages vendor relationships relevant to project throughout the life cycle, including procurement processes, contract negotiations, and vendor/ contractor performance management.
- Proactively identifies, manages and reports to key stakeholders any risks to cost, schedule, scope or intended use of the project or its business case.
- Ensures regular communications regarding project updates to key stakeholders on project goals, objectives, priorities, plans, financials, schedules, issues, risks and metrics.
- Ensures operation in accordance with company policies and procedures, local regulations, FDA regulations, ISO standards, and Canadian Medical Device Regulation (CMDR).
- Identifies current and future engineering skill gaps and develops an effective training plan for Engineers and Manufacturing personnel to support deployed manufacturing technologies.
- Other responsibilities as necessary.
Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc Required:
- Ability to translate business needs into appropriate technical design; implications of technical choices on scope, cost, schedule, standards used, business risks, regulatory compliance etc.
- Expertise in process of project management; value of milestones and deliverables; need of actively managing cost, schedule and scope; Change Management, Value Engineering etc.
- Ability to effectively lead cross-functional, cross-cultural, geographically dispersed team to meet business objectives.
- Ability to engage people with different opinions, thoughts and convictions on critical technical or business issues and build alignment
- Experience in Start-up, Commissioning, Verification, Qualification, Validation
- Strong knowledge of local, regional, national codes/ regulations and industry-wide best practices for facility, equipment and systems in cGMP environments
- Ability to coordinate with various resources and keep all parties on task, on time, and on budget.
- Ability to support his/her own position on technical, business or organizational issues with logical reasoning; and ability influence others to support position.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both written and verbal with all levels of the organization.
- Good technical writing skills
- Strong organization & time management skills.
- BS in Engineering
- Minimum of 8 - 10 years project management experience leading technology driven large scale engineering projects.
- Proven ability to direct, plan, lead, manage and coordinate team to deliver on expectations of diverse set of clients such as manufacturing, services, research and development, quality assurance, quality control and supply chain.
- Strong working knowledge of Process Automation technologies - PLCs, SCADA, Robotics, MES & EBR systems
- Good working knowledge of Mechanical Design tools - AutoCAD, Inventor etc.
- Experience with Continuous Improvement and Quality Management techniques such as Six Sigma, Lean, TQM, Deming, etc. - together with superior project management skills.
- Business travel up to 20%, international and domestic may be required.
- Valid driver's license, passport.
- Masters in Business Administration
- Experience with manufacturing of terminally sterilized products and aseptic manufacturing technologies.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled.
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.Other Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.