MiTek® USA Inc., a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. is the world's leading supplier of state-of-the-art, engineered connector products, engineering services, and computer-driven machinery for the building component industry. We provide the industry's most advanced, most comprehensive, and most innovative software for design and manufacturing. Our products and services are backed up by a team of industry professionals who are dedicated to one goal – making our customers successful.
We are seeking a dynamic, digital/tech savvy and motivated Content Marketing Manager who is responsible for our content marketing activities and bringing our brand and voice to life through: appealing, exclusive, credible, value-ridden stories that motivate our audiences to move down the funnel. The Content Marketing Manager will identify new content opportunities and ways to attribute a single idea across many channels. (1 good e-book can turn into: 4 videos, 6 blog posts, 1 PowerPoint, 1 webinar, 3 emails, 1 infographic, etc.)
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, organize and publish content that is wise, friendly, and informal that builds brand awareness, position as a thought leader and generates leads.
- Develop messaging for lead generation activities such as email, web and social media
- Work with our Social team to build our email and social subscriber base by providing educational and informational content that's aligned with their needs and interests
- Work with marketing team to coordinate execution of content calendar.
- Lead the evolution of a consistent brand voice and personality.
- Work with marketing team to coordinate execution of editorial/content calendar.
- Partner with designers to ensure visuals coincide with copy, bringing concepts to life.
- Lead the evolution of a consistent brand voice and personality.
- Determines what kind of content to use based on the target audience
- Sets tone, style and voice for content
- Measures and analyzes key content marketing metrics to see what's working and what isn't.
- Work as a “corporate journalist,” meeting with stakeholders to capture their industry expertise and insight in order to share and communicate a culture of innovation.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Distinguishes “symptoms” from problems; Develops appropriate and creative solutions and chooses best alternative; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others. Trains others.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments; Attendance, punctuality consistently maintained; Uses work time appropriately for work activities; Attends meetings promptly; Demonstrates flexibility in scheduling and accepting work assignments to meet needs of department and unit.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality. Performs code reviews of others.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Qualified Candidates Will Possess the Following:
- 2 to 4 years of practical marketing experience in a B2B environment.
- Experience developing a content marketing strategy including content for: web, video, mobile and social.
- 2+ years with marketing automation tools such as: Act-On, Pardot, Silverpop or Marketo.
- 2+ years of social media experience with B2B organizations.
- An understanding of developing relationships with industry influences and social press
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including excellent writing skills.
- An understanding of SEO related to content and Search Engine Marketing.
- A dual-minded approach: Highly creative and an excellent writer, process driven, relying on data to make decisions.
- Proven track record of success setting and achieving ambitious goals
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Organized - follows a systematic method of performing a task.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Ability to work simultaneously on various projects.
- Attendance during regular work hours, additional hours as needed, and flexibility in scheduling.
MiTek is an E-Verify and
Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard To race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.