Location: New York, NY USA
Duration: Full-time Regular
Department: Construction & Engineering
# of Openings: 1
Req #: 2889Description
The Project Manager takes a lead role on projects, liaises directly with the client/owners and is responsible for ensuring the delivery of the project on time and in budget. To be successful in this position, you must have previous end-to-end heavy civil construction experience on large scale design-build projects and a demonstrated track record of leading and executing profitable projects while building talent capability.
As a Project Manager at Flatiron you have the opportunity to be the CEO of your project. Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage the construction efforts, ensuring the project is delivered on time and in budget. Working closely with the Project Director/Project Sponsor, you will have responsibility for overall forecasting, cost management, contingency planning and securing the profitability of the project.
- Develop and maintain successful client/owner and JV Partner relationships on behalf of Flatiron.
- Establish and implement project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards in line with corporate policies.
- Leading by example, you will provide positive safety leadership to the project, promoting our "Don't Walk By" safety standard and Company Values.
- Assist in reviewing and negotiating contracts, liaising with legal counsel as appropriate in conjunction with the leadership team.
- Assemble key personnel for the project, utilizing internal resources as well as leveraging your existing network.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts to protect the company's interests and maintain strong relationships with client.
- Contribute technical direction to the pre-award process by determining project scope, planning, and estimating and during construction, act as a technical resource for the project team.
- Monitor/control construction progress to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget.
- Continuously review field operations, ensuring that the project is constructed safely and in accordance with all design, budgetary and scheduling obligations.
- Identifying required and optional changes in project scope and negotiate change orders with the owner.
- The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- A Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering or related field from an accredited institution or equivalent training and experience is required
- 10+ years of proven experience with a large General Contractor
- Substantial experience on large scale heavy civil projects (bridges, roads, highways, rail etc) is required
- Proven success in delivering high quality projects on time and on budget
- Experience in multiple procurement methodologies - Design Build/ PPP (P3) preferred
- Demonstrated negotiation skills and ability to represent all project matters on behalf of the Company and/or Joint Venture related to cost, schedule & contract matters with owner, partners and/or subcontractors
- Demonstrate an overriding commitment to health, safety and environmental responsibility
- Registration or eligibility to register as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng) is an asset
- Must be willing and able to relocate based on business needs and project assignments
Some of the benefits you can expect as a Flatiron employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Flatiron is an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.