Strategic Sales Rep
Strategic Sales Representative is responsible for increasing sales of all TAW® products: power distribution, switchgear, controls, genset packaging and military power distribution products to TAW’s largest strategic accounts. The qualified candidate will have prior experience either selling or application of highly engineering products. Candidate shall be capable of board room level presentations and have excellent communication skills.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Solicit custom engineered product sales from strategic accounts including military subcontractors.
- Understand and follow military spending trends and adjust sales plan as market changes dictate.
- Review government specifications, develop detailed bill of materials & cost estimates for major projects.
- Influence and educate consulting engineers to specify TAW® custom engineered products.
- Work with TAW® application engineers to review customer plans, specifications and drawings to develop industrial switchgear proposals that meet customer needs.
- Work with general manager to develop product marketing plan. Identify company’s strengths and weaknesses. Recommend and develop strategic product development road map.
- Confer with management, supervisors and sales when deemed appropriate
- Attend trade shows, industry days and exhibitions as necessary to increase awareness of TAW® engineered products.
- Travel to customer sites and projects as needed
- Observe all safety procedures and policies and use proper protective equipment (especially eye, ear protection and steel toe shoes/boots, gloves, etc.)
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Report all injuries, near misses and accidents immediately to a supervisor.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree plus two to four years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior experience working for a manufacture or re-seller of custom engineered power or power distribution products preferably in military markets.
- Prior experience selling or influencing strategic accounts in the power or power distribution industry.
- Computer experience working on Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook programs
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret the most complex documents. The ability to read technical engineer specification, bid documents and engineering drawings, Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
Tampa, Florida, United States