We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.Duties & Responsibilities
Harvard University Information Technology (HUIT) is a community of Information Technology professionals committed to understanding our users and devoted to making it easier for faculty, students, and staff to teach, research, learn, and work through the effective use of information technology. We are recruiting an IT workforce that has both breadth in their ability to collaborate and innovate across disciplines - and depth in specific areas of expertise. HUIT offers opportunities for IT professionals to learn and work in a unique technology landscape and service-focused environment. If you are a technically proficient, nimble, user-focused and accountable IT professional who also connects with the importance of collaborating well in a team environment we are looking for you!
The Associate Business Intelligence Developer is an entry to mid-level position in the Enterprise Student Systems group, with day-to-day responsibility for testing and maintaining the data integrity of the Data Warehouse & Operational Data Store. The Associate Developer will work with ETL implemented with Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), reports and dashboards created in Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE), and APIs created in Mulesoft, and create test plans that include complex SQL to validate the data. Once proficient in these areas, the Associate Developer will be paired with Senior Engineers on projects to learn to write ETL, modify the OBIEE RPD, build OBIEE dashboards, and write SQL for views and reporting in the Operational Data Store.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute quality assurance tests for ETL, OBIEE RPD, and OBIEE reports.
- Provide tier 1 support for reporting suite, including, but not limited to: troubleshooting and resolving production issues, documenting solutions, communicating with affected users, providing technical support during project/release go-lives.
- Work with Senior Engineers to develop and enhance SQL views in Operational Data Store and produce data snapshots for Institutional Reporting (IR).
- Take the lead in maintaining the quality of data dictionary by adding, modifying, and deleting data.
- Develop expertise needed in OBIEE 12c to assist users by providing recommendations and solutions for developing operational, analytic, and ad hoc reporting
- Work with Senior Engineers to design and implement ETL and RPD for OBIEE.
- Assist with general administration, special projects, and perform other related job duties as needed.
Current technical experience to include:
- BS/BA in related field (e.g., computer science, engineering, information systems, math) or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years experience with relational databases
- 2+ years experience writing complex SQL
- Must have strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work closely with product managers, business analysts, and other technical team members and our partners to clarify project scope and requirements, including providing and evaluating alternative options where appropriate.
- Must be self-motivated, flexible and able to work independently or in a team environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize, take initiative and work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, learn quickly and independently, and an eagerness to do so
- Demonstrated organizational skills, especially with the ability to manage and track a large number of details and facts and understand how each detail fit into the "big picture".
- Experience with reporting tools (specifically OBIEE 11g and/or 12c) and techniques strongly desired.
- Experience developing and executing test plans.
- Understanding of Student Lifecycle a plus.
- Experience with Oracle Data Integrator and OBIEE presentation layer a plus.
- Understanding and demonstrated use of iterative development (preferably Agile) desired.
- Occasional off-hours work, including weekends, is required for certain releases and/or emergencies.