Allscripts' policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for North American based positions with Allscripts must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
From a "VEVRAA Federal Contractor" We request Priority Referral of Protected VeteransRequisition ID
Information TechnologyJob Category
Information TechnologyOpportunity Details: Overview
Welcome to Allscripts! Our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver world-class outcomes. Our Vision is a Connected Community of Health that spans continents and borders. With the largest community of clients in healthcare, Allscripts is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
The primary purpose of this role will be to provide build and support for the Soarian application under the Revenue Cycle service line.Responsibilities
These are consistent accountabilities for all staff.
- Work under the direction of the Manager to provide technical application solutions for assigned business areas.
- Possess technical knowledge of application technology.
- Work with Business Analyst and project team to understand the customer's product-specific requirements and configuration and translate them to technical design specifications and data flow from which programs are developed and coded.
- Codes, tests, debugs, implements, and documents programs or technical configuration with direction and assistance.
- Ensure programs meet technical specifications and standards.
- Interact with Business and IT teams during the software build or configuration and testing process.
- Perform Soarian technical application configuration.
- Design and execute unit, system and integration test plans for new developments/releases/reports.
- Maintain technical documentation based on standard operating procedures in support of the assigned application.
- Perform application maintenance activities
- Provide production support.
- Identify the common causes of the defects, prioritize them and systematically remove them so that they do not reoccur in further development work.
- Coordinate with Project Managers to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Participate in focus groups and workshops, attend vendor training and demonstrations.
- Assist in supporting activations and rollouts.
- Consistent efforts to deliver quality solutions as per agreed scope.
- Customer focus and close alignment with the customers' business objectives.
- Ensure efforts to continually improve domain knowledge.
- Ensure the quality of the deliverables as per the defined defects standards
- Document issues with resolutions and share with team members to improve team productivity.
- Provide data to generate team performance metrics.
- As applicable, can provide knowledge transfer with other team members to improve overall team education level
- Take ownership for the assigned task and timely inform the progress of the project / task to all stakeholders.
- Adherence to the defined standards.
- Take initiative and drives to bring to logical conclusion; proactive approach.
- Provide accurate and timely information and escalates when there are issues.
- Actively participate in meetings and make valuable contribution.
- Provide production support for application issues.
- Identify, coordinate and communicate issues, requirements and status related to application functionality with other team members and software vendors.
- Ensure the quality of the deliverables as per the defined defects standards and excelling within that.
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- BA or BS degree preferred or other relevant combination of training and experience.
- 1 plus years practical experience in providing technical support and maintenance in assigned product preferred
- Previous experience with application troubleshooting, working through and resolving technical application-related issues desired
- Knowledge of Soarian, or similar electronic patient registration software, preferred
- Knowledge of Healthcare within the Acute setting preferred
- Industry experience preferred
- May require local travel
- May require other travel for business needs
- Requires after hours on call support on rotational basis
- Work is performed in a standard office environment with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 post-acute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a competitive total rewards package, including holidays, vacation, and medical, disability and life insurance.