Dow Jones & Co.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put “Reasonable Accommodation in the subject line.
NYC - 1211 Ave of the Americas
The Business Manager, Strategic Initiatives will report to the VP of Strategic Initiatives & Enablement and work extremely closely with the CRO. This role will manage functions essential to the CRO's productivity. This includes serving as a versatile right-hand to manage CRO & direct managers various commitments in addition to executing new initiatives independently. This role is responsible for keeping aware of activity around the business and disseminating information and actions to CRO & VP. This role will take the lead in complex strategic projects that will help support the sales team and drive revenue.
- Works with CRO to prioritize tasks & serves as primary point of contact for CRO and VP
- Prepares and briefs the CRO & VP of Strategic Initiatives & Enablement on thoughtful digestible and concise talking points for meetings and events, demonstrates strong ability to synthesize the most important points from high-level vision and information and executes on action items
- Initiates and spearheads special projects, including Town Halls, Sales Conferences and special meetings to help develop the sales team
- Instills a sense of teamwork and loyalty within the broader team to inspire and motivate others around growth initiatives; acts as “eyes and ears” to ensure such initiatives are implemented effectively
- Travels to meetings with the CRO & VP as needed. Assists in facilitating decision-making with the CRO; acts as confidant, sounding board, and advisor to offer sound perspective and guidance
REVENUE - OTHER