The Economist Group
The Economist Group values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or age. The Economist Group requests priority referrals of Protected Veterans for this job opening, and all other externally posted company employment opportunities.ID
United States-NY-New York | United States-DC-WashingtonFunction
The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) is a leading provider of country, industry and public policy analysis. As the research and consulting arm of The Economist Group, we deliver information that helps organizations to understand major developments in business affairs, governmental policy and development economics.
The Public Policy, Economics and Politics practice within EIU is recruiting for a Research Analyst to work within an internationally-focused and diverse team. The successful candidate will help to support our consulting projects, and to deliver bespoke research with a strong public policy element.Accountabilities In the role you would be expected to:
Experience, skills and professional attributes To succeed in the role you must have:
- Prepare and deliver research inputs and reports for client consulting projects, including economic analysis, benchmarking, data collection, interpretation, analysis and presentations
- Work with Project Managers to present interim project status and final project deliverables to clients
- Work with PPEP consultant colleagues around the world to prepare scoping documents and proposals for potential clients, helping to interpret their research requirements
- Support PPEP efforts to deliver excellent project results in such areas as policy analysis, scenario planning, political and economic analysis, and risk assessments.
- Research, understand and interpret regulations so as to support cross-country policy analysis.
- Develop methods and approaches for research that will help to scale up the PPEP business and to ensure consistent quality of output
- Work with the Country Analysis team and other parts of the Economist Intelligence Unit to secure their input to client research projects and their support in product development
- Work with senior staff and project managers to deliver PPEP projects to strict deadlines and within budget, ensuring achievement of agreed revenue and contribution targets for their own projects
- Maintain effective relationships with other parts of the Economist Intelligence Unit, including Sales, Country Analysis, and Thought Leadership
You will be able to demonstrate:
- One to two years previous experience in a role related to economic analysis and fulfilling client projects; exposure to a consulting environment and supporting senior consultants; ability to conduct literature reviews and other background research, organize and analyze data, and write up findings clearly and concisely
- Graduate/Post-Graduate in Economics, Government Affairs, Public Policy or International Relations
- Knowledge: A strong understanding of macroeconomic and demographic concepts; strong numeracy and data analysis skills, and familiarity with legislative/regulatory concepts; familiarity with a range of public policy sectors, including development economics, sustainability, hunger, finance, etc
- IT and Communications: Strong familiarity with Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and Excel; excellent communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Personal attributes: Must have an excellent eye for detail; must be able to remain calm during periods of high workload
- An understanding of basic development economics concepts
- Strong data organization, analysis and interpretation skills
- A strong understanding of public policy concepts, such as regulation, legislative issues and advocacy
- Advanced Powerpoint skills; ability to produce highly professional, interesting and attractive PPT slide decks for proposals and as client deliverables
- Good writing and analytical skills
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
If this role matches your skills, experience and motivations then please submit your CV with a covering note identifying why you feel you would be a great addition to the team along with your salary expectations.
In return, we provide a supportive and progressive environment with a wide range of opportunities for you to grow both personally and professionally.