IDC Requisition Number
US-MA-Framingham# of Openings
1Overview Are you driven to meet goals, possess tenacity & have a passion for achieving results? Do you have previous experience in cold calling with demonstrable success selling pertinent intangibles? Do you have proven ability to drive engagement, influence others and sell over the phone and in person?
If your answer is yes to all of the above, you might be a great candidate for our Senior Account Executive opening!
IDC is about doing great work with great people. Join the world's largest tech, media, data & marketing services company. Our collaborative, innovative and entrepreneurial culture is the perfect place for you to discover your future.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Account Executive based in Framingham, Massachusetts who has demonstrable success selling pertinent intangibles (e.g., software and/or consulting services) into F1000 organizations in North America. Responsibilities
- This individual will create/deploy solution selling techniques to rapidly grow and expand the designated end user territory in the Mid Atlantic and East Coast.
- The successful candidate will be able to create and deliver highly effective presentations on IDC's offerings to executive decision makers and identify prospect needs across a diverse set of organizations.
- He/she will identify prospective needs and create winning proposals for the sale of IDC's offerings.
- The selected individual will possess or be able to gain quick knowledge about important IT and industry issues across Energy, Manufacturing, Retail, Healthcare, Government and Financial Services.
- He/she must be able to earn and/or secure business relationships with this important end client set, have an understanding of IT vendors serving those industry's needs, and be able to craft winning relationships with potential clients.
- This role will include a combination of individual work and team selling with analysts, consultants, and other IDC sales professionals.
- 7-10 years of demonstrated success in a quota carrying capacity
- A strong willingness and aptitude to work collaboratively; strong written and oral presentation skills
- The ability to build relationships at all levels within a company and the ability to set a sales strategy to develop new business as well as incremental sales with existing clients
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience required. MBA a plus.
- This position will be remote, supporting the Mid-Atlantic and East Coast territory
- 25-35% travel required
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1,100 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For 50 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company.IDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, handicap, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law.