Farmer Brothers Coffee
US-TX-DALLAS-FORT WORTHJob ID
Farmer Brothers has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Data Engineer
who will develop integrating, modeling, and reporting on data to create actionable insights for the organization. You will analyze, design, build, and support the data warehouse (Microsoft SQL Server/Azure), analytical models in SSAS, and reporting in Power BI. Interacts with a variety of business professionals (including C-Levels), and works on critical projects within all aspects of the organization.Responsibilities
• Architect and maintain optimal data design using Microsoft SQL Server, Azure SQL Data Warehouse or Azure Data Lake.
• Oversee development for Microsoft BI Solutions including data models, ETL packages, OLAP cubes, and reports utilizing Microsoft SQL BI Stack and Power BI.
• Develop solutions and processes using SQL, SSIS, Azure Data Factory with consideration to fault-tolerance, error logging, auditing and data quality.
• Build/automate reports/dashboards (in Power BI and Microsoft Analysis Services) to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
• Utilize VSTS to implement modern BI DevOps processes.
• Implement data cleanup procedures, transformations, scripts, stored procedures, and execution of test plans for landing data successfully into the appropriate destinations.
• Create tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
• Collaborate with other team members to develop and enhance deliverables.
• Continuously improve team processes to ensure information is of the highest quality, contributing to the overall effectiveness of the team.
• Stay abreast of architectural/ industry changes; especially in the areas of big data and the cloud.
• Lead design, development, and testing of BI solution based on specifications, sound development and testing methodologies, and best practices.
• Apply best practices through the development lifecycle by defining and promoting BI architecture standards and strategies.
• Provide insight on new technology (Cloud) and how it can be leveraged appropriately to improve the current environment.
• Build effective and visually pleasing dashboards/ reports to represent the story to answer those business questions with the help of data.
• May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, OR a related discipline with an advanced degree preferred.
• 8+ years of progressive experience in relevant Business Data & Insights Administration & Support positions.
• SSAS Tabular/Multidimensional (including DAX) experience.
• Power BI or Reporting Services (SSRS) experience.
• Experience building and optimizing big data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
• Experience working in an agile team environment.
• Experience with the setup and configuration of Power BI (Power Query, Data Management Gateway, SSAS Tabular Connector).
• Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes, to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Experience with Data analysis and data mining in PowerBI.
• Experienced in building solutions based on Azure or AWS.
• Experience with Project Management capabilities including scoping, estimating, racking project actuals against budget, issue and risk management.
Farmer Brothers Company not only prides itself on our products, but we take pride in our employees. We are able to offer competitive wages and benefits. By doing this we ensure that we are able to attract and retain the best talent. We offer competitive benefits which include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance plans
- 401(k) Plan
- ESOP Plan ( Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
Founded in 1912, Farmer Bros. Co. is a manufacturer, wholesaler and distributor of coffee, tea and culinary products. The Company is a direct distributor of coffee to restaurants, hotels, casinos, offices, quick service restaurants ("QSR's"), convenience stores, healthcare facilities and other foodservice providers, as well as private brand retailers in the QSR, grocery, drugstore, restaurant, convenience store, and independent coffee house channels. The Company's product lines include roasted coffee, liquid coffee, coffee-related products such as coffee filters, sugar and creamers, assorted iced and hot teas, cappuccino, cocoa, spices, gelatins and puddings, soup bases, dressings, gravy and sauce mixes, pancake and biscuit mixes, and jellies and preserves. The Company's primary brands include Farmer Brothers®, Artisan Collection by Farmer Brothers™, Superior®, Metropolitan™ , Cain's™ and McGarvey™. At Farmer Brothers Company we want our employees to succeed...their success is our success. Equal Opportunity Employer