Community Health Center, Inc. (CHC)Job ID
2018-6037# of Openings
Weitzman Research Institute (Research & Development)More information about this job:Overview
Community Health Center, Inc. (CHC) is one of the country's most creative and dynamic providers of primary medical, dental, and behavioral health services, and a leader in practice-based research, health professionals training, and use of innovative technologies to advance health and healthcare. CHC is designated as a federally qualified health center and a patient-centered medical home by HRSA, the Joint Commission, and NCQA, respectively. We deliver more than 500,000 patient visits per year from primary care hubs and community clinics across the state of CT, all connected by technology and common standards for quality. We employ several hundred medical, dental, and behavioral health providers who are engaged in practice, teaching, and research. Our Weitzman Institute is devoted to research and practice transformation and is recognized around the country as one of the premier research institutes focused on improving health care and health outcomes for special and vulnerable populations. In addition, the organization has developed three wholly owned subsidiaries from the original pilot developments within the Weitzman Institute: the National Nurse Practitioner Residency and Fellowship Training Consortium (NNPRFTC), the National Institute for Medical Assistant Advancement, and the Community eConsult Network.Responsibilities
Community Health Center, Inc. is seeking bi-lingual (English/Spanish), personable, outgoing Engagement Lead to promote and inspire and retain volunteer participation in the National Institute for Health's All of Us
Research Program. The All of Us
Research Program seeks to extend precision medicine to all diseases by building a national research group of one million or more U.S. participants. CHC is one of six Federally Qualified Health Centers nationally selected by the NIH to participate in this groundbreaking program. More information about the All of Us
Research Program can be found at https://allofus.nih.gov/.
The All of Us
Engagement Lead will be responsible and accountable for the strategy and oversight of volunteer engagement and retention in the program. They will serve as the main point of contact for program outreach activities, collaborating with the CHC All of Us
team. The ideal candidate will be resourceful, energetic and self-motivated, have excellent communication skills and be comfortable engaging with community members at all levels. They will take the lead in creating buzz and driving volunteer engagement and retention with the All of Us
Research Program, working closely with internal and external constituents to achieve participation goals.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop and document effective outreach, engagement, and retention strategies, including leading and participating in clinic-based and community meetings, workgroups and advisory committees.
- Develop and lead activities with potential participants to promote engagement and interest in the program.
- Develop and lead retention activities with enrolled participants in the program.
- Recommend and implement specific events and activities designed to meet challenges of diverse internal and external audiences with varying levels of information requirements and interests.
- Conduct patient education sessions to engage potential participants and follow-up with prospects and participants of the program.
- Identify and employ diverse marketing channels, including websites, digital and traditional media, to facilitate community outreach in collaboration with Communications team.
- Collaborate with other AOU program staff and others to promote the engagement and retention of patients in the program.
- Create and support a Participant Advisory Board, comprised of enrolled AOURP participants.
- Create internal work plans, dashboards and reports as required, and maintain a detailed database of participants and prospects, including contact information for digital e-blast distribution.
- Evaluate effectiveness of information and engagement activities and recommend changes as warranted.
- Participate in program required meetings led by the NIH, Mitre and other FQHCs
Collaborate and work effectively with members of the CHCI All of Us ReQualifications
Community Health Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits including medical/dental plans, tuition reimbursement, short term/long term disability coverage, 403b plan with discretionary company match/contribution, flexible spending plans, group life insurance coverage, Employee Assistance Program, classroom based/on-line computer skill development resources and more! Please note that completion of a background check, receipt of proof of eligibility to work in the United States, and completion of all requirements of our Infection Control policy will be required prior to working at Community Health Center, Inc.
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Highly outgoing, friendly, enthusiastic, and energetic
- Ability to document and track progress towards goals for engagement and retention
- Ability to create written documents to serve as a record of the approach to, outcomes of, and strategies behind engagement and retention efforts
- Proven ability to be flexible, and to adapt and work in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in using a smartphone and tablet
- Ability to travel locally and out of state as needed
- Health care experience helpful but not required
- Experience in event marketing, brand promotion or volunteer recruitment
If you experience any technical difficulties with this webpage, please contact the Human Resources Department at 203/237-2229 ext. 6882.