LocationMA: Boston (200 State St.)
Job FamilyInformation TechnologyJob Brief
The Director of IT Transformation Services will work to achieve service excellence by evangelizing the need for progressive transformation.
The Director of IT Transformation Services will work to achieve service excellence by evangelizing the need for progressive transformation. Work collaboratively with key stakeholders and peers identifying, developing and implementing efficient and effective business practices throughout the IT Department. Continuously seeks opportunities to drive strategic transformational initiatives that spans planning, implementing, and operationalizing.
This role will challenge the status quo and consistently seek opportunities to re-engineer processes and re-architecting solutions across IT and business operations as required. Through an internal consulting like relationship with key stakeholders, this role will proactively deliver high quality, innovative, transformative, architected, strategic solutions that modernizes the IT delivery model. This will be accomplished through passionate situational leadership, inspiration, mentoring, and management of IT professionals and other resources - contractors, consultants executing key initiatives through the full project lifecycle.
A critical success factor for this role will be to integrate the customer voice and to establish trusted business relationships, developing a strong understanding of business and department strategic objectives, challenges and opportunities. The role will ensure that IT efforts maximize return on investment by aligning to both business and IT strategy, driving efficiency and operational productivity in business facing applications and user experience in consumer facing technologies.Duties and Responsibilities
Minimum Entry Level Qualifications
- Design, drive and lead the Transformation Program so that it delivers major change that will meet IT goals and objectives.
- Provide leadership of the Transformation Program, which articulates a clear and compelling vision of change using evidence-based business cases including sound financial analysis and resource implications.
- Leverage academia, benchmarking data and industry leading research to educate and heighten awareness concerning best practices and the need for transformation.
- Recruit and build a Transformation Team that will include process, communications and training expertise in support of focused improvement initiatives.
- Develop 'as is" documentation and build a repository of existing processes to ensure "to be" solutions deliver desired outcomes.
- Conduct IT-focused knowledge gathering techniques (e.g. focus groups, surveys) and change forums to understand strategic, political and cultural barriers and enablers to progressive transformation.
- Institute regular communications across the enterprise to market and promote IT Transformation, its initiatives, its progress and the impact. Utilize communication channels (e.g. executive briefings, intranet site, transformation newsletter, video technology, etc) to communicate progress, outcomes, trainings, and results.
- Challenge the status quo and consistently seek opportunities to re-engineer processes and re-architect solutions that transforms how IT delivers measurable services.
- Lead project teams to ensure a consistent and practical methodology is utilized in support of different project workstreams, and manage overall project activities, plans, and schedules associated with deliverables and milestones.
- Lead, guide and support multiple workstream leads / consultants through the design and implementation of targeted change strategies including identification of change impacts to people, process, policy, and structure, stakeholder identification and alignment, appropriate communication and feedback loops, success measures, training, organizational readiness, and long-term sustainability. Examples of transformational projects include, but are not limited to:
- Process transformation: SDLC methodology, core process improvements, IT documentation, change control and release management
- Technology: standardizing object management approach, testing automation, promote to production
- Create and implement change management practices along with targeted communication and training strategies and plans that drive faster adoption and higher ultimate utilization of and proficiency with the changes that impact employees and minimize resistance to change initiatives.
- Establish a culture of continuous improvement within the organization to include; business processes, systems and technology, job roles, and organization structures, which will be critical to ensure success. Success will be measured through increased benefit realization, value creation, ROI, and the achievement of results and outcomes.
- Provide expertise to leadership, project teams, and employees at all levels across the organization engaged in continuous improvement/lean transformation, problem solving, and process improvement.
- Provide guidance to executives, senior leaders, and management in fulfilling the role of change sponsor. Ensure consistency of approach and quality across engagements and build capability both internal to the team as well as within the business.
- Influence adoption of best practices methodologies and a culture of continuous improvement.
- Support project teams by ensuring change management, risk mitigation, and communication plans are integrated into project plans.
- Champion of Agile Scrum methodologies, processes and values across IT.
- Identifies opportunities to leverage Agile Scrum to improve delivery of solutions - time, cost and quality.
- Coaches and mentors Scrum Masters and Product Owners.
- Promotes Agile Scrum techniques: User Stories, KANBAN, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing and Automated Testing.
- Demonstrates skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment and increasing transparency.
- Coordinates training and continuous improvement of Agile Scrum teams.
- Promotes a CLIENT FIRST focus to ensure what is being delivered is what the CLIENT NEEDS.
Bachelor's degree in related field. BS/ BA/ BBA in Computer Science/Business Information Systems or similar technical degree preferred. Years and Type of Relevant Work Experience:
- 10+ years' experience in a combination of IT complex program/project management with a track record of success
- 7+ prior years' experience in professional consulting experience - preferred
- 5+ prior years' Healthcare experience a plus, preferably in a payer organization
- 6+ prior years' supervisory experience
- Advanced competencies in project, program and change management -
- Project Management Professional, Change Management Professional, Agile Scrum Professional.
- Certifications in Project Management, ITIL, Change Management, and/ or Agile Scrum preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple high-visibility projects autonomously.
- Proficient in of Microsoft Office Applications especially Word, Project, PowerPoint, Visio and Excel.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with emphasis on provide visibility into opaque processes and functions.
- Proficient communication skills and executive level presence.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively in a team environment, negotiate diplomatically, and maintain composure and production quality under deadline pressure
- Ability to think strategically and act in a detailed, hands-on manner
Click below on "Apply for this Position"
to create a profile and apply for the position
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled
AAP Reporting Location:MA - Boston (Corporate)
ID (Req #):55473
FTE Status:Full Time