LocationMA: Boston (200 State St.)
Job FamilySales / New Business DevelopmentJob Brief
The AVP of Sales & Retention Training, reporting to the VP of Sales Operations, is responsible for developing effective and engaging sales training content and more.
ExemptAbout beacon Health Options:
Beacon Health is the largest independent managed behavioral health organization (MBHO) in the US. Beacon provides best-in-class behavioral health solutions to health plans, employers, and federal, state, and local governments. Superior mental health care, substance use disorder management (including opioid treatment), Employee Assistance Programs and specialty programs for the intellectually disabled are among Beacon's key competencies. Our mission is to help people live their lives to the fullest potential.About The Position:
The AVP of Sales & Retention Training, reporting to the VP of Sales Operations, is responsible for developing effective and engaging sales training content, delivering sales training content to the business development and account management (BD/AM) teams, and on-boarding BD/AM employees. The AVP will be expected to consistently identify opportunities in the BD/AM teams, develop content to address the opportunities, identify best practices within regions and help to share across the regions, and develop new methods of content delivery. In this role, you will work closely with our salespeople to identify challenges they face on-the-job and identify ways to improve their productivity to help Beacon reach our sales & retention goals.Position Responsibilities:Design Sales & Retention Training Curriculum and Content
Deliver Sales & Retention Training Across the Business
- Design training curriculum for Business Development and Account Management functions
- Conduct skills gap analyses to identify opportunities for additional training and development
- Partner with Product & Marketing Teams (and other key knowledge centers) to develop training content for Business Development and Account Management
- Integrate best practice training methodologies into curriculum design
- Produce engaging physical and digital educational material (e.g. videos and case studies)
- Collect feedback from trainees and managers about training courses
- Liaise with external trainers or industry professionals and organize seminars
Drive Sales & Retention Productivity and Results
- Deliver sales training content across all regions and business lines
- Manage monthly sales & retention training meeting & coordinate specific training deep dives
- Onboard new salespeople
- Maintain updated records of training material, curricula and costs
- Monitor sales objectives and results
- Identify opportunities to drive sales productivity
- Report on impact of training programs (e.g. sales achieved)
- Proactivity: acts without being told what to do; brings new ideas to the company; differentiation opportunities for Beacon
- Honesty/Integrity: does not cut corners ethically; earns trust and maintains confidences; does what is right, not just what is politically expedient; speaks plainly and truthfully.
- Persistence: Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Persuasion: able to convince others to pursue a course of action.
- High standards: expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Calm under pressure: maintains stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress.
- Exceptional orchestration skills: understands how to exercise formal and informal authority to catalyze collaboration across disparate teams and departments.
Relevant Work Experience:
- Education: Bachelor's degree required, with advanced degree preferred
Relevant Work Experience / Skills & Abilities:
- 5-8 years related work experience
- 3+ years' experience specifically in a training capacity (ideally sales training)
- Experience operating across multiple regions and/or lines of business
- Experience in Healthcare and/or Insurance industries preferred
- Previous experience with long and complex sales cycles preferred
Click below on "Apply for this Position" to create a profile and apply for the position
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled
AAP Reporting Location:MA - Boston (Corporate)
ID (Req #):55649
FTE Status:Full Time